The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
These days developers are so soft, ... once twas a sin to put veges in a burger,
large piece of steak (mince was considered too unhealthy as components unidentifiable),
2 tiny bits of bun (only needed to be only large enough to keep the fingers clean),
lashings of butter if there is any available (as much as will stick to the bun),
whatever condiments available (as much as will stick to the steak)
vegetables sighted were thrown into a cupboard to see how much fungus they would sustain - yup, real science happened [while waiting for machine to boot] ... something else today's kids miss out on.
- (although we never found the answers; due to stink the cupboard was only opened long enough to add more veges - all because letting your fungus starve was considered cruel.)
Sin tack ear lol
Pressing the "Any" key may be continuate
So yesterday a child was forgotten in a forest by the responsibles for a child camp[^] who organized some activities there. This is now going to be a big bashing about how bad these people were, not even able to count the number of children placed under their responsibility and take care of them, aso...
This is precisely why I hate our society. Everything HAS to be perfect. Even more perfect because children are involved. No error allowed.
So okay, they made a mistake, and a 3-year-old has been left alone for 7 hours. But statistically, in France, millions of children are put under other people's responsibility every day (teachers, sports trainer, child care, etc...), which make billion of billions of opportunities every year to have one left alone or forgotten somewhere. So ONE left alone every other year makes a failure rate of less than 0.0000001 ppm, which is close to nothing.
The child is safe. Move on!
But I know what is going to happen : people getting fired, new laws about children care and rules and procedures, bla bla bla.... This is just plain sick. I hate it before it even started to happen.
In my day he would have been taken in by a family of wolves, befriended a bear and a panther, escaped a snake, been captured by monkeys and fought a tiger before being lured back to his village by some singing water fetching person.
Government can give you nothing but what it takes from somebody else. A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you've got, including your freedom.-Ezra Taft Benson
You must accept 1 of 2 basic premises: Either we are alone in the universe or we are not alone. Either way, the implications are staggering!-Wernher von Braun
Hang on there, I think we always would have come down heavily on any children's organisation that was this irresponsible. OK, I was nearly drowned in an old mine shaft by a benedectine monk as a kid but I wasnt left behind!