I am pleased to announce the open-sourcing of AppSecInc. MSI Extensions
AppSecInc. MSI Extensions is a collection of MSI custom actions and WIX extensions that extend Windows installer, originally developed by Application Security Inc.
. for a large enterprise product, and now open-sourced under the Eclipse Public License. The project grew incrementally implementing everything that wix didn't have out of the box. Code is fully unit-tested.
- System Tools: deals with copying, moving, deleting files out of sequence, compare versions, execute commands, process template files, copy registry keys, etc.
- Java Tools: deals with jar and unjar.
- Data Sources: deals with generic ODBC and specific MSAccess and MSSQL databases, SQL files, etc.
- User Privileges: deals with local users and groups.
- Common UI: dialogs for installing Windows services and databases with credentials.
Immediate Custom Actions
- Manipulating files, folders, registry, services.
- String template and regex processing.
- Active Directory functions.
- ODBC and DMO functions.
- Local users, groups, security and privileges.
- Encryption, decryption, signing.
- Xml file manipulation.
- TcpIp functions.
- Supports impersonation in all custom actions.
I plan to maintain the open-source project and encourage you to contribute.