The directory contains three projects:
1) MyExcHandler. This is built as static library.
2) excptstorage. This is built as DLL.
3) demo. Showing how to use exception handler.
The following steps are needed to use my_exc_handler:
1) Link with MyExcHandler.lib and excptstorage.lib.
2) Make sure that excptstorage.dll is in your path.
3) Set C runtime library to Multithreaded (for release) or Debug MultiThreaded (for DEBUG)
BUILDING FOR VC++ 5.0:
VC++ 5.0 <functional> header has a bug, which will give compilation error. There are two
a) add 'const' qualfier to mem_fun1_t::operator() in <functional>
b) Replace the header <functional> with the one provided by VC++ 6.0
Primarily built with VC++ 6.0 on Windows 2000. It also works fine with VC++ 5.0 (after overcoming the compilation problem) and VC++ 7.0. There is small difference between 6.0 and 7.0. 6.0 first copies the exception (or its reference) on catch block's frame and then perfroms stack unwinding before calling catch block. 7.0 library first performs stack unwinding. The behavior of my library is similar to 6.0 library.
By viewing downloads associated with this article you agree to the Terms of Service and the article's licence.
If a file you wish to view isn't highlighted, and is a text file (not binary), please
let us know and we'll add colourisation support for it.
This article, along with any associated source code and files, is licensed under The Code Project Open License (CPOL)