ReadMe file for Irony project
Windows XP or Vista; Visual Studio 2005, .NET Framework 3.0
1. Open Irony_All.sln solution file in Visual Studio.
2. Right-click on the project "030.Irony.GrammarExplorer" and select "Set as StartUp project" from context menu.
3. Click Run button on toolbar (F5). Grammar Explorer Window opens.
4. Select grammar/language in top combo-box.
5. Browse form tabs to see grammar data.
6. To parse source code sample, switch to "Parsing Test" tab. Click "Load..." button on top of the form. Open file dialog opens.
7. Navigate to <root>\Irony.Samples\SourceSamples folder. Select source file appropriate for grammar selected in step 4.
8. Source file contents are loaded into text area in the form. Click Parse button on top of the form.
9. The Output Syntax Tree control on the right (in Results tab in the right tab control) would contain a parsed syntax tree.
10. Alternatively you can paste or type your own sample program into source text area.
11. Repeat steps 4-10 for other languages.
1. Grammar Explorer restores your last language selection and source sample after you close/restart the form.
2. Note that sample grammars we provide are just samples - don't expect them to parse successfully any correct code file
in selected language.
If a file you wish to view isn't highlighted, and is a text file (not binary), please
let us know and we'll add colourisation support for it.
This article, along with any associated source code and files, is licensed under The MIT License
Man throws away trove of Bitcoin worth $7.5 million