/* Copyright (c) 2008, Dr. WPF
* All rights reserved.
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
* * Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* * Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
* documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* * The name Dr. WPF may not be used to endorse or promote products
* derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY Dr. WPF ``AS IS'' AND ANY
* EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED
* WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE
* DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL Dr. WPF BE LIABLE FOR ANY
* DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
* (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES;
* LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND
* ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT
* (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS
* SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
/// This panel extends ConceptualPanel by ensuring that its conceptual children are also "logical" children.
/// Because certain things like property inheritance and resource resolution work through the logical
/// tree, this allows the disconnected visuals to be connected to the panel's ancestor tree
/// in a logical manner without being part of it's visual tree.
public abstract class LogicalPanel : ConceptualPanel
protected sealed override void OnChildAdded(UIElement child)
// if the child does not have a logical parent, assume the role
if (LogicalTreeHelper.GetParent(child) == null)
protected sealed override void OnChildRemoved(UIElement child)
// if this panel is the logical parent, remove that relationship
if (LogicalTreeHelper.GetParent(child) == this)
/// This class uses the OnLogicalChildrenChanged method to provide notification to descendants
/// when its logical children change. Note that this is intentionally
/// similar to the OnVisualChildrenChanged approach supported by all visuals.
/// <param name="childAdded"></param>
/// <param name="childRemoved"></param>
protected virtual void OnLogicalChildrenChanged(UIElement childAdded, UIElement childRemoved)
By viewing downloads associated with this article you agree to the Terms of Service and the article's licence.
If a file you wish to view isn't highlighted, and is a text file (not binary), please
let us know and we'll add colourisation support for it.