Midi File Player
/* Copyright (c) 2005 Leslie Sanford
* Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
* of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to
* deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the
* rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or
* sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
* furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
* The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in
* all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
* THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
* IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
* FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
* AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
* LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
* OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN
* THE SOFTWARE.
* Leslie Sanford
* Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
/// The base class for all MIDI device exception classes.
public class DeviceException : ApplicationException
#region DeviceException Members
#region Error Codes
public const int MMSYSERR_NOERROR = 0; /* no error */
public const int MMSYSERR_ERROR = 1; /* unspecified error */
public const int MMSYSERR_BADDEVICEID = 2; /* device ID out of range */
public const int MMSYSERR_NOTENABLED = 3; /* driver failed enable */
public const int MMSYSERR_ALLOCATED = 4; /* device already allocated */
public const int MMSYSERR_INVALHANDLE = 5; /* device handle is invalid */
public const int MMSYSERR_NODRIVER = 6; /* no device driver present */
public const int MMSYSERR_NOMEM = 7; /* memory allocation error */
public const int MMSYSERR_NOTSUPPORTED = 8; /* function isn't supported */
public const int MMSYSERR_BADERRNUM = 9; /* error value out of range */
public const int MMSYSERR_INVALFLAG = 10; /* invalid flag passed */
public const int MMSYSERR_INVALPARAM = 11; /* invalid parameter passed */
public const int MMSYSERR_HANDLEBUSY = 12; /* handle being used */
/* simultaneously on another */
/* thread (eg callback) */
public const int MMSYSERR_INVALIDALIAS = 13; /* specified alias not found */
public const int MMSYSERR_BADDB = 14; /* bad registry database */
public const int MMSYSERR_KEYNOTFOUND = 15; /* registry key not found */
public const int MMSYSERR_READERROR = 16; /* registry read error */
public const int MMSYSERR_WRITEERROR = 17; /* registry write error */
public const int MMSYSERR_DELETEERROR = 18; /* registry delete error */
public const int MMSYSERR_VALNOTFOUND = 19; /* registry value not found */
public const int MMSYSERR_NODRIVERCB = 20; /* driver does not call DriverCallback */
public const int MMSYSERR_LASTERROR = 20;
public const int MIDIERR_UNPREPARED = 64; /* header not prepared */
public const int MIDIERR_STILLPLAYING = 65; /* still something playing */
public const int MIDIERR_NOMAP = 66; /* no configured instruments */
public const int MIDIERR_NOTREADY = 67; /* hardware is still busy */
public const int MIDIERR_NODEVICE = 68; /* port no longer connected */
public const int MIDIERR_INVALIDSETUP = 69; /* invalid MIF */
public const int MIDIERR_BADOPENMODE = 70; /* operation unsupported w/ open mode */
public const int MIDIERR_DONT_CONTINUE = 71; /* thru device 'eating' a message */
public const int MIDIERR_LASTERROR = 71; /* last error in range */
// The error code.
private int errCode;
/// Initializes a new instance of the DeviceException class with the
/// specified error code.
/// <param name="errCode">
/// The error code.
public DeviceException(int errCode)
this.errCode = errCode;
/// Gets the error code.
public int ErrorCode
By viewing downloads associated with this article you agree to the Terms of Service and the article's licence.
If a file you wish to view isn't highlighted, and is a text file (not binary), please
let us know and we'll add colourisation support for it.
Aside from dabbling in BASIC on his old Atari 1040ST years ago, Leslie's programming experience didn't really begin until he discovered the Internet in the late 90s. There he found a treasure trove of information about two of his favorite interests: MIDI and sound synthesis.
After spending a good deal of time calculating formulas he found on the Internet for creating new sounds by hand, he decided that an easier way would be to program the computer to do the work for him. This led him to learn C. He discovered that beyond using programming as a tool for synthesizing sound, he loved programming in and of itself.
Eventually he taught himself C++ and C#, and along the way he immersed himself in the ideas of object oriented programming. Like many of us, he gotten bitten by the design patterns bug and a copy of GOF is never far from his hands.
Now his primary interest is in creating a complete MIDI toolkit using the C# language. He hopes to create something that will become an indispensable tool for those wanting to write MIDI applications for the .NET framework.
Besides programming, his other interests are photography and playing his Les Paul guitars.