LintProject 22.214.171.124 (26th January, 2009)
1. Modifications to support $(PlatformName) with VS2002 onwards. Our thanks
to Alex McCarthy for contributing these changes.
LintProject 126.96.36.199 (23rd October, 2008)
1. LintProject now returns an error code of 1 in the event of an error in the
command line. Our thanks to Brett Rowbotham for contributing this change.
2. The elapsed time value in project reports now shows hours as well as minutes
and seconds (preventing an incorrect elapsed time from being reported for
projects which take over an hour to analyse). Our thanks to Brett Rowbotham
for contributing this change.
3. Removed the (no longer in existance) LintProject.h from the project files.
LintProject 188.8.131.52 (21st October, 2008)
1. Updated the MSXML import in stdafx.h from msxml2.dll to msxml4.dll and added
the named_guids qualifier.
2. Modifications to support $(SolutionDir) and $(ProjectName). Our thanks to
Alex McCarthy for contributing these changes.
3. Removed a redundant declaration in CFileLintAnalyser
4. Removed the unused LintProject.h
5. Changed LintProject.zip to LintProject_1.4.zip in MakeZip.bat
LintProject 184.108.40.206 (29th April, 2008)
1. Corrected a bug in the generation of analysis command lines.
2. Added the application version to generated reports.
LintProject 220.127.116.11 (9th April, 2008)
1. Solution and project specific environment variables $(SolutionDir), $(ProjectDir),
$(InputDir) and $(ConfigurationName) are now set during analysis. Our thanks to
Andrej Pohlmann for contributing the code to implement this feature.
2. If a file of the form <project filename>.options.lnt is found in the project folder,
it will now be used in the analysis command line. Our thanks to Andrej Pohlmann for
contributing the code to implement this feature.
3. Corrected a potential buffer overflow in the loading of XSL stylesheets (thanks to
Mark Ridgwell for identifying this).
4. Fixed a potential COM exception in Utils::RefreshAllOpenBrowserWindows().
5. Corrected a bug in the parsing of intermediate file folders within Visual C++ projects.
6. Minor corrections to analysis command lines.
7. Visual C++ 6.0 project (.dsp) files containing only one project configuration are now
8. Moved CSplitPath and CModuleVersion into the Riverblade::Libraries::Utils namespace.
9. Fixed minor lint issues.
10. The code is now released under the Code Project Open Licence (CPOL) v1.0; file
banners have been updated accordingly.
LintProject 18.104.22.168 (9th February, 2008)
1. Removed all MFC dependencies. LintProject now uses ATL 7 directly, and in consequence,
the source now requires Visual Studio .NET 2002 or later to compile (project files
are supplied for Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Visual Studio 2008, but porting to
other versions should be straightforward).
2. Added support for eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0 workspaces and projects.
3. Added error checking for solution/project configurations. Attempting to analyse an
invalid configuration will now cause an error to be generated.
4. Project intermediate folder specifications containing "$(ConfigurationName)" will
now be expanded correctly on the PC-Lint command line (VS2002 onwards).
5. Reinstated a missing -u option in the analysis command line.
6. Added a "/exclude" parameter to allow specified projects to be excluded from analysis
(our thanks to Andrej Pohlmann for contributing the code to implement this).
7. Integrated the solution and project file parsers from Visual Lint, along with various
8. Converted the build to Unicode.
LintProject 22.214.171.124 (26th June, 2007)
1. Added /configfile switch to allow the filename of the std.lnt file to be specified.
2. Incorporated customer requested fixes and corrections.
3. Started removing MFC specific code
4. Fixed most outstanding lint issues.
LintProject 126.96.36.199 (12th February, 2006)
1. Added support for VS.NET solution configurations. The solution configuration can now be specified
directly, with the corresponding configuration for each project being selected automatically.
2. Added the /cfg? parameter to allow the available configurations to be queried at either solution
or project level.
3. CSolutionLintAnalyser and CProjectLintAnalyser now only attempt to refresh browser windows if the
/s parameter is specified. This prevents problems when the utility is run as a service.
LintProject 188.8.131.52 (21st April, 2005)
1. Added the +linebuf parameter to the command line used to generate project.lnt files. This increases
the line width which PC-Lint will use when scanning the project file, and makes it more likely to
work correctly with complex projects such as AnkhSVN.
2. Transposed the std.lnt and project.lnt location in the command line used to analyse a file. This
should ensure that project specific include settings override the system defaults.
3. Project configurations can now be specified. If not specified, Lintproject will attempt to use the
debug configuration by default.
4. The source now compiles with either VC6 or VS.NET 2003.
5. User specified parameters can now be passed to the project.lnt file generation process as well as
LintProject 1.2.4 (24th February, 2005)
1. CSolutionLintAnalyser::Analyse() and CProjectLintAnalyser::Analyse() now use SHCreateDirectoryEx()
instead of mkdir() to create folders for analysis results so that recursive folders are
2. Fix to UNC path checking suggested by email@example.com on the LintProject CP forum.
3. Improved handling of relative pathnames. Analysis and source files no longer need reside on the
same logical drive.
4. Added support for passing parameters directly to lint-nt.exe via a new command line option (/l"<params>")
5. If a warning count of 255 is returned from lint-nt.exe. CFileLintAnalyser::Analyse() will now
parse the results file to try to retrieve the true warning count.
6. Reimplemented the FileExists() helper function.
7. Added solution to source code control.
LintProject 1.2.3 (13th October, 2004)
- Modifications to allow operation on systems where PC-Lint is installed in a pathname containing
spaces (e.g. C:\Program Files\Lint)
LintProject 1.2.2 (10th October, 2004; published on codeproject.com 11th October 2004)
1. Removed a couple of unnecessary includes
2. Replaced MSXML4 with MSXML3 (MSXML4 isn't installed by default on XP, but MSXML3 is).
3. Added checks to ensure that MSXML3 and lint-nt.exe are available before attempting to proceed
with the analysis.
4. LintProject now uses env-vc7.lnt with VC7 projects instead of env-vc6.lnt.
5. Added a workaround for the duplicated carriage return bug in the XSLT generated HTML output.
6. Temporarily removed "the mark of the web" (needd for XP SP2) from generated analysis reports
as it seems to be causing more problems than it solves...
7. Added MakeZip.bat to provide a convenient way to create a zipfile of the source.
8 Added company details to intro banner and reports.
9. Added start time to reports.
10. Improved support for "Pending" and "In Progress" analysis.
11. Fixed a handful of compiler warnings.
12. Enabled incremental linking in debug builds.
13. Added code to refresh all open browsers with any open lintproject output window.
14. Added support for /s (show results) option.
15. Solution results files are now updated as each file within a project is analysed.
- Initial version inherited from Sonardyne International Limited, August 2004.
By viewing downloads associated with this article you agree to the Terms of Service and the article's licence.
If a file you wish to view isn't highlighted, and is a text file (not binary), please
let us know and we'll add colourisation support for it.