133 articles this week.
Welcome to this week's newsletter from The Code Project.
To ensure that future newsletters you receive from The Code Project
aren't mistakenly blocked by antispam software, be sure to add the maillist.codeproject.com domain to your list of
Our Azure Developer
Challenge has started in earnest and due to the demand, and our late start,
Challenge 1 has been extended by a week.
For the chance to win a Surface tablet you just need to setup you (free)
trial account on Azure and post an article outlining your idea for you Azure
application. It doesn't get easier than that. Except the bit where we're going
to hand out 10 spot prizes during the week during our mini-challenge. Keep your
eyes on the contest page.
Even better, scroll down to the message board and click the subscribe button to
subscribe to notifications. You can unsubscribe anytime
$16,000 in prizes all up. What a great way to learn new Stuff.
This week's survey: Do you write gaming apps?
Most popular new articles
22 Apr 2013 - 28 Apr 2013
133 articles overall. 63 new, 70 updated.
New articles added
- Volatile As It Should Be - Paulo Zemek
This article presents a class that allows volatile reads and writes as they are expected to work.
- A Coder Interview With Dr. Drang - CodeProject
Welcome to our continuing series of CodeProject interviews in which we talk to developers about their backgrounds, projects, interests and pet peeves. In this installment we talk to Dr. Drang, a consulting engineer who blogs about scripting and fatigue analysis.
- Writing an Android GUI using C++: Part 3: Debug - li9705
This article talks about how to debug C++ code using NDK-debug tool, and gives some advice about C++ programming on Android. If the application is written in Java, programmers can use Eclipse to debug the code, set break points, and trace step by step.
- MVC Basic Site: Step 1 – Multilingual Site Skeleton - Raul Iloc
This article is intended to be the first one from this series and is focused mainly in the creation of a multilingual MVC web site skeleton.
- AJAX Event Calendar (Scheduler) for ASP.NET MVC in 80 Lines of Code - Dan Letecky
How to build an AJAX Event Calendar (Scheduler) using the open-source DayPilot Lite for ASP.NET MVC library (Apache Software License 2.0).
- TwitterBootstrapMvc - Dmitry A. Efimenko
Fluent implementation of ASP.NET-MVC HTML helpers for Twitter Bootstrap.
- MVC Basic Site: Step 3 – Dynamic Layouts and Site Admin with: AJAX, jqGrid, Controller Extensions, HTML Helpers, and more - Raul Iloc
This article provides the implementation of dynamic layouts and web site administration in ASP.NET MVC4.0 by using: AJAX, jqGrid, Custom Action Results, Controller Extension, HTML Helpers, and more.
- MVC Basic Site: Step 2 - Exceptions Management - Raul Iloc
This second article from the "MVC Basic Site" series presents in details the exceptions management rules and their implementation for an ASP.NET MVC web site, and provides some utile base classes and source code for Logging and Exceptions Management that can be reused.
- D3.js crash course - Part2 - Espen Harlinn
D3.js meets jQuery Mobile, WCF & ASP.Net
- Generate Knockout Viewmodels using T4 templates - Xavier Spileers
Use a T4 template to generate Knockout-viewmodels based on .NET classes.
- UNIT of Work Design Pattern - Shivprasad koirala
In this article we will talk about UNIT of Work Design Pattern.
- ASP.NET Popup Control Displaying as multiple nested modal popups - Girish Nama
This article describes using web modelpop extender as Windows model popup dialogbox.
- RaptorDB - the Document Store - Mehdi Gholam
NoSql, JSON based, Document store database with compiled .net map functions and automatic hybrid bitmap indexing and LINQ query filters (now with standalone Server mode, Backup and Active Restore, Transactions, Server side queries, MonoDroid support)
- Date and Time Data Types and Functions - SQL Server (2000, 2005, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012) - Shemeer NS
SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 Date and Time Data Types and Functions with Sample SQL Statements. Data Type Tables, Function Tables
- Create an SQL Server Database Using C# - Nguyen Thanh Phuong
Create a SQL Server database using C#.
- Acknowledgements in BizTalk - Nihar Malali
About sending Acknowledgements from BizTalk which can be achieved with and without using Orchestration
- Assembly Manipulation and C# / VB.NET Code Injection - Sebastien LEBRETON
Reflexil is an assembly editor and runs as a plug-in for Reflector or JustDecompile. Reflexil is able to manipulate IL code and save the modified assemblies to disk. Reflexil also supports "on-the-fly" C#/VB.NET code injection.
New Tips and Tricks added
- Cropping Tool - assamheart
Crop a photo and signature from an scanned image
Tips and Tricks updated
New Technical Blogs added
- Installing Sublime Text 2 on Linux Mint/Ubuntu (for Linux Newcomers) - John Atten
TL:DR – For a newcomer to Linux, likely starting out with Ubuntu or Linux Mint, installing applications that are not part of the Software Manager or Synaptic Package Manager catalog for the chosen distro is not always intuitive at first. I take a rather long look at how to get Sublime Text 2 prop
- Creating Advanced Audit Trails using ActionFilters in ASP.NET MVC - Rion Williams
As mentioned in my previous article on “Implementing Simple Audit Trails using ActionFilters in ASP.NET MVC”, accountability is such an important factor when working with systems that involve any level of security and confidentiality. In that post, we discussed creating a very basic [Aud
Technical Blogs updated
© 2013 The Code Project. All rights reserved.
This email was sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To stop receiving The Code Project Insider News click here.
The Code Project
503-250 Ferrand Drive, Toronto Ontario, M3C 3G8 Canada
+1 416-849-8900 x 100
Please do not reply directly to this email. It was sent from an unattended
mailbox. For correspondence please use email@example.com