144 articles this week.
Welcome to this week's newsletter from The Code Project.
To ensure that future newsletters you receive from The Code Project
aren't mistakenly blocked by antispam software, be sure to add the maillist.codeproject.com domain to your list of
Congratulations to our D&B Developer Challenge Winners
The D&B Developer Challenge recently wrapped up and we were amazed with the
number of excellent entries. It was a tight competition and D&B was ecstatic
with your ideas and the passion you showed in this contest. In the end there was
only one $15,000 grand prize to award. A big congratulations to our first place
grand prize winner Ranjan.D and his through the D&B Developer Sandbox on
Windows Azure to create his
DNB Business Lookup and Analytics App.
Congrats also goes out to Umar Siddiqui and his entry Phalanx
Linq - Traverse Healthcare's Business Development Labyrinth for winning
the second place $10,000 prize and to Tim Corey and his entry Fundraiser
Focus - A D&B Project for claiming the $5,000 third place spot. Thank
you to everyone that participated!
Only three days left to submit your app idea for a shot at $2,500 in early bird
Register and enter your app idea in the Intel App Innovation Contest 2013 before
11:59 pm EDT this Wednesday August 21 to be eligible for $2,500 in early bird cash
prizes. Our favourite entry in each of the six categories (Entertainment, Games,
Education, Healthcare, Finance, Retail) will receive a $300 prize and fourteen other
app ideas will receive a $50 Honourable Mention prize.
The final Round 1 deadline to submit app idea entries is September 4. 125
CodeProject finalists will move on to Round 2 where they will receive a Lenovo ThinkPad
Tablet 2 or Lenovo Horizon All-In-One tabletop PC to help code their app idea into
reality for a shot at the $100,000 in cash prizes. Enter
now for your chance to win!
This week's survey: Would you prefer to work in one programming language only, or many languages?
Most popular new articles
12 Aug 2013 - 18 Aug 2013
|Today malware is big business for cyber criminals. The availability of exploitation kits, malware-as-a-service, rogue anti-malware software (AKA “scareware”), and other tools have made it too easy for unscrupulous individuals and criminal groups to infiltrate home and business computers and networks. Faced with the increasing sophistication of these threats, even the savviest computer users are
getting infected. Code signing is an industry-recommended and widely-used defense against tampering, corruption, or malware infection in software...|
144 articles overall. 58 new, 86 updated.
New articles added
- A Coder Interview With Kunal Chowdhury - CodeProject, _ Kunal Chowdhury _
Welcome to our continuing series of Code Project interviews in which we talk to developers about their backgrounds, projects, interests and pet peeves. In this installment we talk to Kunal Chowdhury, Microsoft MVP in Silverlight, a Telerik MVP and a Nokia Developer Champion. Oh yes, and a two-time C
- CodeProject Interviews Microsoft's Unni Ravindranathan - Jeff Hadfield
CodeProject's conversation with Unni Ravindranathan, Microsoft Senior Program Manager Lead, at Microsoft's Build 2013 conference.
- CodeProject Interviews Microsoft's Habib Heydarian - Jeff Hadfield
CodeProject's interview with Habib Heydarian, Microsoft Principal Group Program Mananger, at Build 2013.
- Blocked Out - Aditya Rajendra Patil
The game in which have to remove stucked up block outside the board
- Shopping List - Prerit Kapadia
A simple way to buy things in super market without carrying physical cart.
- LifeLine - Prerit Kapadia
An app which connects Dr and patients
- Sign2Speech - tanquist
A multi-touch gesture language adapted from American Sign Language (ASL) that enables ASL users to communicate with hearing people.
- See And Track your Loved Ones - yash.vakharia87
Family member can track the ambulance and can also see their loved one with live camera setup
- Smart Order App - Moses Pandi
Allows customers to order food via a system rather than waiting for a waiter
- Seismic - A Stock News App - Akshay Surve
Seismic App is a refreshing take on consuming financial news tailored to ones investment portfolio and sectors of interest.
- Heart Monitor App - varsha_holla
it maintains your hearrt beat and helps you to be healthy
- The Mothernode - Ched1980
Four player sci-fi maze game with traps and looting and that
- Third eye - Abhinav Mukherjee
Braille keyboard and speech recognition app for the blind to use a tablet.
- Hospital finder - Member 10158885
- Ultralocal Radar & Weather Forecast - Tablet - Erik Putrycz
Radar and ultralocal weather forecast app
- The Parallel Universe - Abhinav Mukherjee
MMORPG game using real world GPS coordinates
- Financial Planner - Prerit Kapadia
App that helps you plan you short and long term financial goals
- Real Time Machine Translation - Moses Pandi
Real time machine translation software intended to overcome the language barrier to communication
- Learning Mathematic With Traditional Game 'Dakon' Indonesia - Adi Wirawan
In this article we will describe application Dakon to learn mathematic that will embedded in Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet 2
- Instant Body Checkup - pallavi choudhary
Application for instant body checkup
- Space Jumper - Pushkar Singh
Touch based endless running game on the Unity engine for the AIO(All-In-One) PC
- VowExams (Education-Tablet) - Rishi Jiwrajka
An app that would revolutionize exam writing
- The Gym Coach - toltec77
A gym training planner built with the personal trainer in mind
- Portfolio Analysis Risk Tool - Member 10144101
Portfolio Analysis Risk Tool
- Dots and Boxes - dhaval.upadhyay
Multi user classical Pencil and Paper game for Windows 8
- Portal Pinball - Dave Gannon
Portal Pinball Intel AppUp competition article
- Windows Azure Storage Extensions - Dmitry Tretyakov
.NET library aimed for managing and querying entities from Windows Azure Storage. Contains LINQ to Azure Table provider.
- Persian Gulf in 3D Anaglyph - Mohammad Reza Khosravi
This application uses some simple 2D methods to make 3D scenes which can be seen with Red/Cyan Anaglyph glasses.
- ListView Column Sorter - Sven So.
A column sorter that sorts columns with strings and numbers, but also the first column on image and then on string.
- Enhanced Scrollbar - Adam Zgagacz
WinForms Scrollbar with enhanced properties, graphical bookmarks and value tooltips.
- NetExpresso - sunder.tinwar
A browser which let you express yourself
- ChronoZooms v2.1-Rise of the Big Bang Theory - Wilson PS
How do you see time? Or better yet how do you visualize time when explaining to students about the concepts of the Big Bang theory from 13 Billion years ago? Now not only can help your students understand what 13B years ago looks like you can experience Big History in a fascinating new way.
- Slitastic - Florian Rappl
Creating a highly extensible presentation app with multi-user and device integration for tablets.
- US Payroll Tax Calculator - DrABELL
US Fed, NY State, NY City and Yonkers Employment (Payroll) Tax management system
- MixUp Puzzle - Arpan Rank
MixUp Puzzle! Is a Memory Power Game. It can be played by anybody especially kids.
- eHealthCare - Ranjan.D
An application developed for patients , providers and hospitals use to provide a better facility for hospitals , providers and patients.
- Outlook Enterprise Connector - Mark Babayev
Integrates Outlook 2013 with TFS and SharePoint servers
- Jumping Buddy - Finalhit
Arcade game for All-In-One PC
- CoolPhone™- 8: number-to-text converter and sweepstakes engine - DrABELL
App performs bi-idirectional phone number-to-digit conversion and could serve as a novel "CoolPhone" Lottery engine
- Detective Denzel - Hungai Kevin
Denzel is a detective kid who helps other kids figure out and solve problems in maths, science, languages and social studies through fun games.
- GetSecured ! - Muhammad Shareef
Keeping you and your data secured..
- Inflation Calculator - DrABELL
Adapted for Tablet PC application allowing inflation calculation on individual/aggregated products and services
- How to Go App for Windows 8 Devices. - rjash
The app that let you travel cheaply and comfortably.
- Pay Ontime - Govindk-22
Pay Ontime organizes all the payments in one place and keep tracks of paid history. This app can be useful to avoid late payments and fees
- AI based on doubled Genetic Algorithm - Eugene Zavidovsky
Aha, tell me, why it will not work...
- University Mobile - anandnswamy
Bring the latest news from four universities in Kerala.
- Racing The Streets Live - Member 10204284
A racing game...comes live.!!!
- Mobile Payroll - wizardXXI
Mexican payroll explained to American, Canadian and other foreign companies that have interests in Mexico
- Educational Weather Application - Tablet - Erik Putrycz
Educational Weather Application for AIC Contest - Tablet target
- Complex Color - Grasshopper.iics
Make your world more colorful with Fractals, Particle Drawing and Symmetric Drawing
- PeNeLope™, Real-Time Investment Portfolio Management System - DrABELL
Financial/investment IS to calculate P&L and multiple performance metrics: includes novel TabletPC UI
- Engineering Calculator VOLTA-2013 - DrABELL
Productivity software package VOLTA-2013 developed as HTML5 web application and converted into desktop installable one using Intel’s AppUp encapsulator. Application extension Jobrica-2013 utilizes geolocation/GPS service and Bing map technology to find Job Agencies in search area.
- PowerShell 4.0 - What's new? - Oliver Kohl D.Sc.
This article presents you the latest powershell technology like new or extended cmdlets, Desired State Configuration, Windows Management Framework 4.0 and more
- XMLFoundation - Brian Aberle
XMLFoundation is the fastest approach to dealing with XML and it also delivers a simple and easy to manage pattern of software development into your application.
- Creating PDF documents from XML - Marco Merola
Creating PDF documents from XML
New Tips and Tricks added
- WPF Drag&Drop Auto-scroll - Robert Köpferl
Automatic scrolling while drag&drop operation in WPF. For this article the functionality is realized as an Attached Property.
Tips and Tricks updated
- Using Font Icons - Le Sourcier
This tip helps in using font icons as ImageSource.
New Technical Blogs added
- A Battle of Intellisense - Rion Williams
This post will cover the necessary steps to allow Visual Studio to take over the Intellisense duties from Resharper if you encounter a situation where both of the applications (Visual Studio and Resharper) are "fighting" for control of the Intellisense within Visual Studio and this conflict renders
- Carcassonne scoring board application - Nikola Breznjak
tl;dr: The link to the application and the link to source code on GitHub. Welcome First of all – hi all!, this is my first post so go easy on me I would like to give my thanks to James Clear, whose post pushed me to finally put this blog idea up and running. He […]
- API: Don’t Forget About The Non-Public API! - Nick Cosentino
Background From an object oriented programming perspective, an application programming interface (API) is often referred to as the way other developers can interact with the public members of your class(es) and interface(s). Of course, API can be used to describe how one interacts with a web service
Technical Blogs updated
- WCF Throughput and Scalabilty => Which and When - NitinSingh
The services should be always ready to process incoming requests and work with the expected load, while simultaneously ensuring to not overload server machine's resources.The scalability of a service describes how many instances are getting created based on the requirements throughput describes how
© 2013 The Code Project. All rights reserved.
This email was sent to email@example.com.
To stop receiving The Code Project Insider News click here.
The Code Project
503-250 Ferrand Drive, Toronto Ontario, M3C 3G8 Canada
+1 416-849-8900 x 100
Please do not reply directly to this email. It was sent from an unattended
mailbox. For correspondence please use firstname.lastname@example.org