147 articles last week match your preferences.
Welcome to this week's newsletter from CodeProject.
To ensure that future newsletters you receive from The Code Project
aren't mistakenly blocked by antispam software, be sure to add the maillist.codeproject.com domain to your list of
Holiday week in North America
Canada Day and July 4 are happening this week, and with them being on a Tuesday
and Thursday respectively, we're expecting a lot of 24hr colds and flu happening
this Monday and Friday. When in Rome, as they say, so we're going to be having a
quiet week in our Toronto office enjoying actual, real, wearm weather this week
and cleaning out our inboxes. Happy first week of July everyone.
Are you a Blogger?
We have a feature on The Code Project that allows you to share your technical
blogs with other developers from the comfort of your very own blog. If you write
technical blog posts and want to get those posts out to a wider audience, with an
added bonus of getting more visitors to your own blog, then use our
Blog feed aggregator.
This week's survey: You inherit code in a language you're not familiar. Do you...
Most popular new articles
23 Jun 2014 - 29 Jun 2014
|Use these flashcards along with the popular open source integration framework Apache Camel as an easy reference during the design and development of integration projects. This deck of flashcards covers 49 integration patterns discussed in Gregory Hohpe’s book, Enterprise Integration Patterns.|
147 articles overall. 76 new, 71 updated.
New articles added
- A simple Compass - Philipp Katscher
How to draw a compass and feed it with NMEA device data (i.e. a GPS Compass)
- A Windows 8 WPF Ribbon - Alexander Wieser
The articles showcases a Windows 8 themed WPF Ribbon inspired by Office 2013 and Visual Studio 2013.
- Generate Access Reports from Tables - Bhis
Back in 2008, I was doing some freelance work and had a chance to work on this MS Access Report project. The client dealt with employee benefits, claims, and payment reimbursements.
- ViewFile and Head Tools - gggustafson
This article presents two tools, ViewFile and Head, that provide a dump of the contents of a file
- Learn MVC (Model View Controller) step by step in 7 days – Day 1 - Shivprasad koirala
As the article's name says, learn MVC. Ao the agenda is simple, we are going to learn ASP.NET MVC in 7 days.
- Multiple Models in a View in ASP.NET MVC 4 / MVC 5 - Snesh Prajapati
Using Multiple Models in a View in ASP.NET MVC 4
- Learn MVC (Model View Controller) Step by Step in 7 Days – Day 3 - Shivprasad koirala, Marla
This article is Part 3 and continuation to the Learn MVC Step by Step in 7 Days series.
- Learn MVC (Model view controller) Step by Step in 7 days – Day 2 - Shivprasad koirala, Marla
Learn MVC (Model view controller) Step by Step in 7 days – Day 2
- Learn MVC (Model view controller) Step by Step in 7 days – Day 4 - Shivprasad koirala, Marla
In day 4 we will look in to JSON ,Jquery ,Aysnch controllers and session management.
- JSON and Microsoft technologies - Marla
In this article we will understand what is JSON and how to work with it using Asp.NET Web Forms, Asp.NET MVC, WCF and finally Web API
- Extending Identity Accounts and Implementing Role-Based Authentication in ASP.NET MVC 5 - John Atten
Implementing simple role-based identity management and working with identity accounts in ASP.NET MVC 5.
- CRUD Opearations using AutoMapper in an MVC Application - Akhil Mittal
How to do custom mapping and entity to entity mapping with the help of AutoMapper.
- Learn MVC (Model view controller) Step by Step in 7 days – Day 5 - Shivprasad koirala, Marla
As the article's name says, learn MVC. Ao the agenda is simple, we are going to learn ASP.NET MVC in 7 days.
- Learning MVC - Part 2: Creating MVC Application and Perform CRUD Operations Using LINQ to SQL - Akhil Mittal
Creating MVC Application & Perform CRUD operations using LINQ to SQL
- Learning MVC Part 4 - Creating MVC Application with EntityFramework Code First Approach - Akhil Mittal
MVC Application using EntityFramework Code-First approach
- Learning MVC - Part 3: Creating MVC Application & Perform CRUD Operations Using EntityFramework - Akhil Mittal
How to create MVC application and perform CRUD operations using EntityFramework
- ASP.NET MVC 5 Identity: Extending and Modifying Roles - John Atten
In a recent article I took a rather long look at extending the ASP.NET 5 Identity model, adding some custom properties to the basic IdentityUser class, and also some basic role-based identity management. We did not discuss modifying, extending, or working directly with Roles, beyond seeding the d
- ASP.NET MVC and Identity 2.0: Understanding the Basics - John Atten
On March 20, 2014, the ASP.NET team released the RTM version 2.0 of the new Identity framework. The new release brings with it some long-awaited new features, and marks a substantial expansion of the security and authorization capabilities available to ASP.NET applications of all types. The ASP.NE
- Learning MVC Part 6: Generic Repository Pattern in MVC3 Application with Entity Framework - Akhil Mittal
Unit of Work Pattern and Repository Pattern, and how to perform CRUD operations in an MVC application.
- ASP.NET MVC Single Page App with Upida.Net (Backend) - vladimir husnullin
MVVM in web development with Upida.Net
- Implementing One-To-Many Relationship in ASP.NET - Debabrata_Das
In this article we will create a project to see how one-to-many relationship can be implemented in ASP.NET
- Why We Should Love 'null' - ChristianNeumanns
This article looks at popular techniques used to avoid null pointer errors and answers the question: Which is the best solution you should use in your code?
- Zeta Long Paths - Uwe Keim
A .NET library to access files and directories with more than 260 characters length
New Tips and Tricks added
- The Web Services I Use - Richard Penman
A few friends asked me what web services I use to run my business so I am writing this to point people in future.
- Slow LINQ Methods - George Jonsson
LINQ methods can be slow inside loops as this little demo shows.
Tips and Tricks updated
New Technical Blogs added
- Building your first MVC application with Entity Framework - Imran Abdul Ghani
Before we start implementing an ASP.NET MVC application using Entity Framework, lets first understand few related concepts. Microsoft Entity Framework is basically an ORM (Object Relational Mapping) framework. So, what is an ORM? In most of the cases when working with database driven application, we
- ASP.Net MVC – Different kinds of Templated Helpers - Arun Ramachandran India
CodeProject In the last blog post, we have discussed about HiddenInput and ReadOnly attributes in ASP.Net MVC. You can read that article here. In this article we will go over different kinds of Templated Helpers. Templated Helpers are introduced in MVC 2. These built in Templated Helpers can be bro
- FIFA world cup 2014 with Angular.js & ASP.NET – Part- II - Rajat-Indiandotnet
Dear Friends, In last post part 1 ,we learnt how to use Angular.js. Now in this post we are moving further as I shared we will do some more interesting thing here. In this demo I have created same type of JSON as we have created in last post but it has some more values […]
- Running services in long lived applications in .NET - jgauffin
You have probably created a windows service or other types of applications where you have code which need to be run in the background to not block the main thread. To do that you have different types of solutions in … Continue reading →
- DataGridView – Stacked Header – Export to HTML/Excel - Deepak-VS
Done with implementing the stacked headers for DataGridView I was next asked to provide option to export data to Excel with same formatted headers. I had to choose between .NET Office library or simple HTML table based approach to represent data. I chose the later because Excel reads the HTML table
- Using Model to pass data to View in ASP.NET MVC - Imran Abdul Ghani
Exploring multiple ways to pass data from Controller to View in an ASP.NET MVC application, so far we have covered following different approaches: Part 1 – Using ViewData & ViewBag Part 2 – Using TempData | TempData Vs Session Now in this part, we are going to implement another approach
- HTML5: Tips !!! - Sandeep Mewara
Long time, since I have blogged. Specifically, this particular post – had all the details and wanted to post more than a year back. I guess, better late than never! Here are few of the HTML5 tips that might help while using it’s various features: HTML5 WebSocket Protocol is present only
- OWASP Top 10 Risks: #1: Injection - Max R McCarty
We all have probably witnessed (and had a good laugh) when commands have been mixed with data as in the case where the baker literally writes the instructions for the message as the cake message. There isn’t much difference in this example and what is one of the core elements in what OWASP ha
- Advantages of Making Your Methods Idempotent and Static in C# - Rob Kraft
A method is idempotent when the same input(s) always return the same output. This method is idempotent: This method is not idempotent: When adding methods to classes, many developers spend little time deciding if the method should be idempotent. Making use of the properties in the class causes the
- #titanium #appcelerator testing with ti.mocha - aetheon
- DataGridView – Stacked Header - Deepak-VS
DataGridView forms an integral part of any application and with specific needs of the applications, harnessing power of DataGridView is essential. I faced a similar scenario in a project where we had a DataGridView having more than hundred columns generated dynamically. The columns are generated bas
- Starting to use Goroutines - Michael Banzon
One of the key features of Go is goroutines. All it takes to run code concurrently is to prefix a function call with the word go and like magic – it runs concurrently! Concurrency introduces problems with synchronization – which is a common question when starting to program in Go. Check
- WCF Hosting in IIS Simplified - Imran Abdul Ghani
It’s part-3 in series of WCF Hosting Tutorials and we are going to implement that how we can host a WCF Service in IIS (version 5 or 6)? We already have implemented the following in series: WCF Self Hosting in a Console Application WCF Hosting in Windows Service Microsoft introduced WCF (Windo
- OCD Windows Phone photogs, beware - BC3Tech
I’m writing this blog post not only to educate, as I try to do with most of my posts, but also to alert the community and hopefully affect some change. If you have a Windows Phone that supports high-resolution photography (Lumia 1020, Icon), please keep reading. Last night my wife decided to plug he
- How to automatically create Office 365 user accounts using SharePoint workflow - Anton Khritonenkov
In this article I will show how to automate creation of Office 365 user accounts and granting permissions using SharePoint 2013 workflow. Creation of accounts and granting permissions for new employees is a part of daily tasks for many IT specialists. I would like to suggest approach how to automate
Technical Blogs updated
- How fast is .NET Garbage Collector? Part 2. - morzel
Read the first part of the article if you haven’t done so already. Part 1 has a brief overview of what GC is and how it performs its magic. It contains a test of GC performance with regards to large array of bytes. You can also find there a detailed information about my test environment&hellip
© 2014 The Code Project. All rights reserved.
This email was sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To stop receiving The Code Project Insider News click here.
503-250 Ferrand Drive, Toronto Ontario, M3C 3G8 Canada
+1 416-849-8900 x 100
Please do not reply directly to this email. It was sent from an unattended
mailbox. For correspondence please use email@example.com