105 articles this week.
Welcome to this week's newsletter from The Code Project.
To ensure that future newsletters you receive from The Code Project
aren't mistakenly blocked by antispam software, be sure to add the maillist.codeproject.com domain to your list of
Do you work in ruby? Or Objective-C? Or run MySQL and MongoDB? Or are you an
Android app developer?
We want your expertise. We want your articles. There are many worlds of programming
out there and we embrace them all. From COBOL and VB.NET to Erlang and CSS3. Someone,
somewhere is struggling with the same problem you just solved so
share your code
and your discoveries. The Karma is yours to keep.
A quick reminder that our search
page has the ability to save your favourite searches. After you've searched
for your content (and narrowed down the scope, and sorted, and filtered) just type
a query name in the "Saved queries" box in the left hand column of the page and
it's there for evermore.
Need SysAdmin Help?
So do we somedays, so we've launched RootAdmin.
The same format as CodeProject but dedicated to those guys and girls keeping the
hardware humming and the servers safe. Sign in using your CodeProject details.
Which of the following language extensions have you used?
Survey period: 9 Jul 2012 to 16 Jul 2012
For the webdevs among us. "Used" can mean anything from "I played around one boring afternoon" all the way up to "I wrote it - bow to me mere mortal".
View optional text answers (263 answers)
This week's survey: How many hours a day are you working?
Most popular new articles
9 Jul 2012 - 15 Jul 2012
105 articles overall. 38 new, 67 updated.
New articles added
- Make CheckBox Read Only - Sanjeeev Kumar Sasode
This is an alternative for "CheckBoxPanel - A C# CheckBox that auto-enables/disables related controls"
- Android Puzzles Solver - Giannakakis Kostas
Puzzles Solver is an Android application for playing and solving puzzles
- Practical ASP.NET MVC (3) tips - Florian Rappl
A list of tips, involving Entity Framework, Extension Methods, programming patterns and others, that has been built up from recent ASP.NET MVC 3 programming journeys.
- Insert, Update, Delete in ASP.NET Gridview, DataSource as SQL Server, MS Access (mdb/accdb), XML and Framework as 2.0 / 3.0 / 3.5 / 4.0 (VS 2005/2008/2010) - Shemeer NS
- Know your application better with visual studio 2010 load testing - Shahriar Iqbal Chowdhury
Configure visual studio load testing tool and utilize to schale application by analyzing testing results
- A Beginner's Guide for Understanding and Implementing ASP.NET Themes - Rahul Rajat Singh
This article talks about ASP.NET themes. When do we need to have themes in our application. How can we implement themes and let the user change themes.
- ASP.NET MVC: Creating localized DropDownLists for enums - Rui Jarimba
A collection of HTML helpers that generate DropDownlists for enums, with or without localization support
- Solution to no style (CSS) and Java Script on the MVC LogOn Page - rollo1002
How to solve the no style or lack of javascipt function on the MVC LogOn Page.
- ASP .NET Plotter - Akram El Assas
- Fancy ASP.NET MVC Image Uploader - Florian Rappl
Let's build a sample project with a Google like image uploader embracing jQuery, AJAX, and MVC.
- Canvas Control Library - Akshay Srinivasan2
Canvas Control Library provides highly customizable controls using the HTML5 Canvas element.
- Metro: Shuffle - Meshack Musundi
A Metro tile puzzle game
- Metro Paint - Farhan Ghumra
A metro style app for basic drawing feature
- Analyze performance from your .NET code through to SQL - Red Gate Software
Understand the relationship between your .NET code, the database, and HTTP requests, with ANTS Performance Profiler from Red Gate. Access all the performance data you need to solve the problem in a single tool.
New Tips and Tricks added
- Shortest most versatile error logging ever - HansHammel
Simple but efficient way of logging errors over internet using a PHP webservice/ REST and mail notification. Logging C#/ .NET errors over the web and with PHP and sending notification mail.
Tips and Tricks updated
- MetaEncrypt - lagos_fernando
A C++ template to encrypt strings at compile time with template metaprogramming.
New Technical Blogs added
- C# DSP Simulation - DSP Lab - Code Artist
DescriptionDSP (Digital signal processing) is a simulation application created to simulate and visualize process of sampling and filtering analog signal using DSP system.
- Using CultureInfo for Globalization/Localization of an ASP.NET Applictation - Ashish Sheth
Globalization is the process of making the application able to handle different culture and regions, while localization is the process of customization of the application for a specific culture and region.You use resource files (.resx) to localize the resources in your application. You use classes i
- Exception logging in Office 365 - SharePoint Online custom solutions - Rajesh.Sitaraman
Normally we use various logging options in SharePoint custom development, like writing to event log, ULS log, writing to developer dashboard, some use enterprise library logging block to write log to database as well. We don't have this freedom when developing sandbox solutions. Even in this case we
- Simple steps to enable tracing in WCF - Imran Abdul Ghani
Tracing mechanism in Windows Communication Foundation is based on the classes that resides in System.Diagnostic namespace.Important classes are Trace, TraceSource and TraceListener.Following are the steps to enable tracing in WCF:1. Configuring WCF to emit tracing information/Define Trace Source, we
Technical Blogs updated
- Eclipse on a USB flashdrive - kribo
First off… the reason why… I’m a developer, ok a tinker of some sorts, and like to keep my ongoing projects upon a USB drive in my wallet. So where ever I go and I’ve got access to a PC, just plug in the USB stick and start programming… Right… lets get it on.. Har
- Blog rolling with BrightstarDB, Express, and Node.js - gra_moore
How BrightstarDB can also be used with Node to create a simple blogging system.
- ASP.NET Health Monitoring - Sebastian Solnica
ASP.NET Health Monitoring is one of the framework gems that any ASP.NET web developer or web server administrator should be aware of. It provides great monitoring features, often allowing you to rapidly diagnose failing applications or systems. Have you ever … Continue reading →
- jQuery Alert Popup - jqwidgets
- jQuery Localized Confirmation Box - Christopher John Paul
A localized confirmation box in jQuery.
- OOP, FP and OD - Gary H Guo
How Object-Oriented Programming is benefited from Functional Programming and Object Decoration
- Keeping it focused - Pete O'Hanlon
The solution to a problem that was posted on CodeProject.
© 2012 The Code Project. All rights reserved.
This email was sent to email@example.com.
To stop receiving The Code Project Insider News click here.
The Code Project
503-250 Ferrand Drive, Toronto Ontario, M3C 3G8 Canada
+1 416-849-8900 x 100
Please do not reply directly to this email. It was sent from an unattended
mailbox. For correspondence please use firstname.lastname@example.org