12,395,871 members (59,453 online)

Comments by Super Lloyd (Top 19 by date)

Super Lloyd 16-Jul-16 5:11am View

Thanks, doing it... (in GitHub)
I could only find code for parameterless constructor, using NewObj opcode! :((
Super Lloyd 5-Jul-16 17:38pm View

You're welcome! :)
MVVM might seem confusing at first.. but it will become great once you understand it! :)
Don't other think it! ;)

Just think of it as MV (Model - View) the VM (ViewModel) is just a wrapper around the model to supplement it with change event and add property irrelevant to the Model, like public ICOmmand ClickCommand

And it make like really easy once you master it because:
1. there is (almost) enough support build-in XAML to make it happen relatively easy (you will have to add some helper code, such as the famous DelegateCommand)
2. separating UI and model "despaghettify" your code

Don't worry too much about big concept such as "separation of concern" the simplicity should become apparent quickly. if it's not after 1 or 2 project, give it up. It might help you understand! ;)
Super Lloyd 15-Feb-16 0:54am View

Awesome Mehdi!!
I was suffering of a severe case of Mondayitis!
It was my question and I ignored the answer!
The Nuget package fixed it!
It now compiles.... And even better, it runs! :)
Super Lloyd 14-Feb-16 23:11pm View

I think you didn't really read my question...
Have you noticed that I used the following application template:
"Templates > Visual C# > Web > Console Application (Package)"
It's a whole new thing .NET environment coming with ".NET Core RC1" for native apps.
Super Lloyd 14-Feb-16 20:16pm View

Sorry... didn't read your answer correctly (was confused by the answer I got on MSDN forums! ^_^ )

At any rate... Nice you found FileStream in corefx!!! :D
But.. it's still doesn't compile! :'(
See my error message in updated question!
Super Lloyd 14-Feb-16 19:53pm View

Forget "random" the question is could I use FileStream with DNXCore?

I got that error:
Program.cs(13,32,13,42): DNX Core 5.0 error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'FileStream' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Program.cs(13,61,13,69): DNX Core 5.0 error CS0103: The name 'FileMode' does not exist in the current context
Super Lloyd 4-Dec-15 20:50pm View

I tried UWP and WinRT Win8 project, but I keep running into error such as:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.TypeLoadException' occurred in WpfD3D11Interop.exe

Additional information: Could not find Windows Runtime type 'VisualizationComponent.Class1'.
with the InnerException message:

Types from custom Windows Runtime components are not supported in desktop applications.

That said I just remember my annoyance with C++ CLI is that it target a particular architecture (x86/x64/arm) and you can't ship (easily) multiple architecture together.
And that annoyance is not in any way improved by a native C++ component!
So there is no point for me to go through a complicated build process after all!
Super Lloyd 22-Sep-15 0:29am View

Interesting link, thanks! :)
Super Lloyd 21-Sep-15 20:58pm View

mmm... well Install-Package Bower did seem to do something successfully... (let's assume for a moment that Install-Package does the same work as npm... though I doubt it) but what about bower install react jquery?!
I tried (UNsuccesfully) Install-Package react ...
Super Lloyd 21-Sep-15 20:08pm View

mmm... I installed Web Essentials 2015 (just in case), then started an ASP.NET vNext web project, started the NuGet package manager console and selected that project (just to be really really sure!)

then I typed npm install -g http-server
And I got
npm : The term 'npm' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify
that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1
+ npm install -g http-server
+ ~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (npm:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

I must be missing something...
Super Lloyd 23-Apr-15 1:38am View

Well, as per my question! ^_^ "I want to provide a Task based version (for command line test, without UI)"
Super Lloyd 22-Apr-15 23:20pm View

Well... when your View Model is used in a console application NOT linked with ANY of the WPF libraries / DLLs
Super Lloyd 22-Apr-15 23:03pm View

So how does your answer relate in any way in UI less testing context?!?!?!?
Super Lloyd 25-Nov-13 10:41am View

Hi, I solved it myself! ;)
Beside I have a type name parser and need to resolve each piece independently, to repair broken Type.GetType(), so I can't use the full type name as above!
Super Lloyd 21-Oct-13 21:59pm View

yeah basically I am looking for example where I can put it to good use!
Mapping field for the sake of doing it is counter productive!...
I thought of another use, when using .edmx, the EF class have no validation attribute, annoying. Intermediary class with validation attribute might the less cumbersome solution to that!
Super Lloyd 21-Oct-13 21:59pm View

yeah basically I am looking for example where I can put it to good use!
Mapping field for the sake of doing it is counter productive!...
Super Lloyd 21-Oct-13 20:20pm View

So.. I don't really need it.
It's just that *IF* I ever feel like I need a mapper, then I should use that one? Just as I thought! ^^
Super Lloyd 12-Sep-12 4:52am View

Ho this is a new C++/Cx thing, cool!
Thanks for this complete answer! :)
Super Lloyd 11-Sep-12 23:48pm View

I don't have windows 8 at work but....

I just checked the MSDN sample from (which I did compile and run at home):

In C++\DirectXBase.h:40 => "protected private:"
And it compiles and run!

Advertise | Privacy | Mobile