12,445,872 members (61,872 online)

Comments by Marc Clifton (Top 17 by date)

Marc Clifton 2-Apr-16 16:27pm View

He means "registry", not "register"
Marc Clifton 24-Oct-15 19:19pm View

What I would suggest is step through the program with the debugger - watch what Klienci is as you walk through each line of code, and see why it doesn't initialize. Also, creating an array with potentially 0 items is probably not a good ideas. If you need manage this stuff in an array-like manner, I'd suggest something like List klienci =new List(); and then you can do klienci.Add(...whatever...)

Which reminds me, after you do: klienci = new Klient[...some number], all that does is initialize the array. You still have to initialize each element of the array:

klienci[i] = new Klient();

Now you can assign the properties of the instance at [i]:

klienci[i].id = ...whatever...

So it's always a three step process, even with List<>:
1. instantiate the list or array
2. for each item, instantiate the class
3. for each instantiated class, initialize the properties.

Normally, step 3 is folded into the step 2 as part of the constructor parameters or as property initializers, like new Klient() {Id = 5};
Marc Clifton 23-Jan-15 8:51am View

Those links were exactly what I was looking for. The reason I'm interested in this is mostly academic--I want to know how it's done rather than necessarily needing to do it. Thanks very much for finding those links, my google fu was not working very well, I suspect because I wasn't using keywords like "handlers" and "modules".
Marc Clifton 24-Dec-14 14:04pm View

Reason for my vote of 5 \n Got FTP working with your instruction -- thank you for posting this!
Marc Clifton 10-Nov-14 8:53am View

That's what I figured -- I must have mangled something when I was looking at some examples of how to do fancy buttons with Bootstrap and then incorrectly folded it into the existing Razor code the VS produces as a startup template.
Marc Clifton 9-Nov-14 12:15pm View

That's what I ended up doing -- passing in the collection in the .cshtml file. Why I have to that there and not in with the grid.Columns method is beyond me. Personally, I'm finding Razor to be quite klunky. Ironically, it's making the same "klunk" sound that Ruby on Rails makes. Gee, I wonder why.
Marc Clifton 27-Apr-14 21:30pm View

Reason for my vote of 1 \n This is terrible code. Incomprehensible variable names like "ttt", "max295", "ax". Business logic is coded into event handler, etc.etc.etc.

I cannot possibly vote anything but a 1 for this.
Marc Clifton 18-Feb-14 9:39am View

await and async are keywords, not API (at least, in my definition of the concepts) that set up continuation passing when the task is complete. Yes, you can use them with Task<>, but one of the neat things about await is that it marshals onto the context of the caller, which for my purposes is the UI thread, so no more BeginInvoke calls! Also, according the MSDN docs for asynchronous file I/O, they suggest using the new Async functions in conjunction with await/async.
Marc Clifton 2-May-13 14:17pm View

I'm aware of that, but as the first link states, If this is a HTML document, you will need to parse it. and what surprises me is that I can't find any code samples for doing that. And yes, I'm aware that this is WebBrowser control independent, all I need is the HTML, which the control gives me access to.

Marc
Marc Clifton 2-May-13 14:17pm View

I have no idea how to respond to the original post. This is NOT an intuitive interface, Code Project!!!
Marc Clifton 2-May-13 14:14pm View

Oh, I see what you mean. I'm not used to this forum format!
Marc Clifton 2-May-13 14:13pm View

Ah, I didn't notice the option. Not sure how to change it now.
Marc Clifton 29-Feb-12 7:39am View

Well, like you said, I'm what you'd call a .NET expert, hahahaha! :-D
Marc Clifton 29-Feb-12 7:22am View

No, you're totally missing the point. I need to PARSE the type's FullName, a very crude example:

<pre>

public string ConvertToTypeAsString(string t)
string ret = t;

if (t.Contains("`"))
// System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[[System.Data.DataRow, System.Data, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]]
t = t.RightOf('.').RightOf('.').RightOf('.');
// IEnumerable`1[[System.Data.DataRow, System.Data, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]]
ret = t.LeftOf('`') + "<";
// IEnumerable<
t = t.RightOfRightmost('[').LeftOf(',').RightOfRightmost('.');
// System.Data.DataRow, System.Data, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]]
// System.Data.DataRow
// DataRow
ret += t + ">";
// IEnumerable

return ret;
</pre>

Marc
Marc Clifton 29-Feb-12 7:20am View

SAKryukov is trolling - I posted that question 3 years ago, then I posted a question yesterday, and now it seems like he's taken it upon himself to find other questions I've asked. I suppose I should take the high road and assume he's trying to be helpful.
Marc Clifton 28-Feb-12 21:44pm View

I know what you're getting at, but I need to actual type for a dynamic, runtime piece of code which, among other things, replaces a token with the generic type used to construct the code generator. So, if, for example, I instantiate the code generator like this:

new Foo<SomeType>()

Then, part of the code generation process replaces the token /SourceType/ source; with SomeType source;

By the way, the code generator in question is LinqTextQueryRuntime, a CodePlex project. Yes, there's better ways, with expression trees, but I'm just dabbling with different options for dynamic runtime LINQ.

Marc
Marc Clifton 14-Oct-11 10:24am View

Reason for my vote of 2
These seem like generic mistakes any newbie makes. I was expecting something more specific to the use of the language itself.

Advertise | Privacy | Mobile