Comments by GuyThiebaut (Top 40 by date)

GuyThiebaut at 23-Jun-14 5:46am View

This may hep you on the way.
This is how I extract text from a PDF, you may need a different ITextExtractionStrategy for your purpose.

PdfReader pdfReader = new PdfReader(fileName);

for (int page = 1; page <= pdfReader.NumberOfPages; page++)
ITextExtractionStrategy strategy = new SimpleTextExtractionStrategy();
string currentText = PdfTextExtractor.GetTextFromPage(pdfReader, page, strategy);

currentText = Encoding.UTF8.GetString(ASCIIEncoding.Convert(Encoding.Default,Encoding.UTF8, Encoding.Default.GetBytes(currentText)));
text.Append(currentText);
pdfReader.Close();
GuyThiebaut at 11-Jun-14 10:34am View

oraConnection.Open();
Where is the close directive?
GuyThiebaut at 15-Apr-14 10:33am View

Is there a clustered index on the table or is the table partitioned.?
If there is then an insert will potentially slow things down because of the way a clustered index and partition works.
GuyThiebaut at 11-Feb-14 5:36am View

Please provide the an example(meaning actual code) of what you are trying to do, as "it's not working" does not tell me very much that then enables me to help you.
GuyThiebaut at 29-Jan-14 8:02am View

Reason for my vote of 1 \n Can we have an article on how to close down a Windows machine too please, it's the one thing I haven't yet figured out...
GuyThiebaut at 9-Jan-14 4:42am View

You will need to communicate with your isp and service provider to explain that you are not a spammer.
The alternative is to use another company that will do this email send for you who specialise in bulk emails.
It's a complex area and there is not not a simple answer - basically if the email looks like spam then it is spam and ISPs hate spam.
GuyThiebaut at 9-Jan-14 4:14am View

Thanks for your answer.
5000 emails a day is definitely going to flag you as a spammer.
GuyThiebaut at 9-Jan-14 3:56am View

"after sending to a specific number of emails the
server return an error" What is the error returned?
I am guessing that you may be marked as a spammer if you do this on a large and regular scale.
How many emails are you sending in one go and how frequently?
GuyThiebaut at 4-Jan-14 14:12pm View

I had a look on google and this may help:
GuyThiebaut at 29-Dec-13 14:01pm View

I don't understand what it is you are trying to achieve.

Could you post what the string reponse might contain and what you expect to be returned in your first and second println commands.
Thanks
GuyThiebaut at 29-Dec-13 5:30am View

What do you mean by 'value'?
GuyThiebaut at 29-Dec-13 5:14am View

Google broken again?
GuyThiebaut at 29-Dec-13 4:56am View

I have amended the original solution.
GuyThiebaut at 29-Dec-13 3:50am View

company, sum(deb_amt) debit
from debit
group by company
)d
on a.company = d.company
GuyThiebaut at 12-Dec-13 9:26am View

Erm... the file cannot be found...
GuyThiebaut at 20-Nov-13 6:59am View

As far as I know this is not possible without parsing the stored procedure i.e. writing code to analyse each line of the stored procedure.

The only meta data relating to a stored procedure that is available are the parameters which can be accessed via reflection.
GuyThiebaut at 15-Nov-13 9:57am View

A bit of advice from a seasoned developer - if you don't know where to start:

1 - break your problem down into manageable chunks.
2 - search on google for clues on how to implement these manageable chunks.
3 - start coding.

Even developers like me who have 20+ years of programming experience get stuck sometimes, don't let getting stuck be something that defines you as a programmer ;)
GuyThiebaut at 15-Nov-13 5:05am View

I don't understand what you are trying to do.
Can you give an example using data to illustrate what your expected result is - the example you give above only shows some of the data, I need to see more data and the result you expect to understand what you are wanting to do.
Thanks.
GuyThiebaut at 8-Nov-13 12:00pm View

Try something like:

select top 1 name
from diesal1
order by date desc
GuyThiebaut at 28-Oct-13 10:34am View

When you get directory information you will also need to handle the access denied exception - this may well be what is happening in this case.
GuyThiebaut at 16-Oct-13 16:38pm View

Thanks Matt,

That does work - my code above was testing code so hopefully I can use what you have shown in the changes I have made.
GuyThiebaut at 3-Sep-13 9:33am View

You can want whatever you like however your lack of courtesy means that the above is the only answer you are getting from me.
GuyThiebaut at 29-Aug-13 10:06am View

Try this:

if (dataGridView2.Rows[0].Cells[col]!=DBNull)
GuyThiebaut at 19-Aug-13 9:59am View

One issue with functions is that you cannot use dynamic sql within them.
GuyThiebaut at 5-Apr-13 10:13am View

I posted a solution but on reading your question again I realised that I did not understand what it is you are trying to do.

Could you post an example with example data from both tables and the result you expect(do not post a query), then it should be fairly straightforward to show you the query required.

Thanks
GuyThiebaut at 19-Mar-13 7:35am View

In answer to why the number of rows increases, you will need to add this before you populate your listview:

ListView2.Items.Clear()
GuyThiebaut at 18-Mar-13 12:27pm View

Reason for my vote of 5 \n Great, thanks.

This is a great introduction and exactly what I was looking for 5

String whatIWasLookingFor = article.where(n => n == perfectExample).toString();
GuyThiebaut at 12-Mar-13 12:30pm View

I think you make a very good point and you should register me to be isolated from this forum.
GuyThiebaut at 9-Mar-13 7:12am View

One thing I have just spotted is that you have one too many commas.
The comma before the where clause needs to be removed and changed to:

" WHERE ID=" & TextBox1.Tag() & ""
GuyThiebaut at 2-Jan-12 7:48am View

I don't understand your question "what is interface, give an apropriate example of interface", could you rephrase it please.
GuyThiebaut at 2-Jan-12 7:47am View

GuyThiebaut at 1-Jan-12 12:19pm View

In which case use: Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(input)
instead of: Encoding.ASCII.GetBytes(input)
in the solution I provided.
GuyThiebaut at 1-Jan-12 11:23am View

RTM: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.convert.frombase64string.aspx
GuyThiebaut at 12-Dec-11 15:44pm View

Hang on a minute - you set the rules then break them - you very clearly said in your original question that the user did not have an internet connection.
We could have provided much better solutions from the outset if you had not made this stipulation!
GuyThiebaut at 12-Dec-11 14:03pm View

The algorithm used to generate the key also exists on the software you supply to the user - obfuscate the variable names etc so that they cannot easily work out how the algorithm works...
If your answer to this is that you don't want the user to have access to the algorithm or be able to hack it - then...
GuyThiebaut at 12-Dec-11 5:03am View

In which case other than using the computer date/time as a seed for the cd key generation there is nothing much you can do.
If he is dishonest he could reset the system clock - however what I would do is within the program ensure that the date/time is integral to it so that any jimmying of the system clock will show up on the reports etc...
GuyThiebaut at 12-Dec-11 4:31am View

Is the issue that the user needs to type in a new cd key each month or is it that you want to prevent the user giving your software and key away to other people(hence the new key each month)?
GuyThiebaut at 30-Oct-11 5:22am View

Thanks - I think I've been spending too much time on Oracle databases and lost touch with Microsoft's databases.
There is a notice at the top of the page saying Microsoft is going to remove the image datatype(not using this as an excuse for my ignorance) and appear to be going the way of Oracle...
GuyThiebaut at 26-Oct-11 3:52am View

I don't understand your question.

Please give more of a context, some examples and preferably illustrated with code.
A data structure can encompass anything from an byte to a database and I don't understand what you mean by weak and strong in this context...

Thanks
GuyThiebaut at 13-Oct-11 4:58am View

If you google the question you will discover that this is a copy and paste from a wikianswers post:

So either the authors are the same or the author of this response is not quoting his source...

Advertise | Privacy | Mobile