Comments by wmjordan (Top 8 by date)

wmjordan at 2-Oct-11 1:13am View

This solution is neat. Maybe it is even more useful to return the newly created Form object.
wmjordan at 10-Aug-11 2:47am View

Hey, the average time of ThumbnailLow shall be "around 6 to 7 ms", not "6/7 ms", which is somewhat misleading to "less than 1 ms".
wmjordan at 3-Aug-11 21:28pm View

Thank you for the reply. Actually it is not quite an "alternative" to this tip.
FinalReleaseComObject uses a loop calling ReleaseComObject until the COM object reference counter is decreased to zero, then the COM object can be released. In structural code, the COM object could be referenced by other external .NET instances, thus it may be inappropriate to use FinalReleaseComObject. Thank you for adding this side note.
wmjordan at 22-Apr-11 7:52am View

Thank you for verifying this. :)
wmjordan at 19-Apr-11 6:29am View

I've tested the code and found nothing wrong.
It might due to wrong encoding. If you save the script file with the Unicode + BOM (byte order mark) encoding, the "Compile error" will occur. You shall save the js file with the ANSI encoding.

If you have fixed the problem, please revote this article.
wmjordan at 27-Mar-11 23:57pm View

Reason for my vote of 1
If a user is running Excel and your application, you kill the innocent Excel instance.
Fully releasing COM objects is the way to go.
wmjordan at 16-Mar-11 6:05am View

Thank you for the 2.
The reason I post this is because of that there are so many people mistakenly using that method, thinking that calling Marshal.FinalReleaseComObject at the 'root' COM object and things are done, and they are really encountering the headache of releasing COM objects. Thus I post this and hope it can help somebody.

Wouldn't you please point out where this article is "misleading" the readers and what is the proper way of releasing the COM object from .NET?
I am really new to COM interop. Sorry for my innocence.
wmjordan at 2-Mar-11 7:22am View

Thanks for sharing the information. Actually I've checked out AutoBuildVersion before doing this. Yet, this solution is simple and does the job for me as well.
The most critical issue for me is that I am playing with Visual C# Express which does not support add-ins at all. ^_^!
Now I am playing a little more with scripting in the post-build event, such as copying released programs and other files to a specific place, then use 7-zip to package those files--yep, I know there are installation programs out there too, but my application is very simple and people like portable ones, thus 7-zip is used.

Advertise | Privacy | Mobile