I could achieve my goal, i.e. it worked for me.
After tweeking a bit with countstart I think I found that it only works if the <pre... tag is on the same line as the first code line. Otherwise, the count starts at 1.
I did not use countincrement.
Looking at your account I think next week you should receive it just fine. I have sent you this week's in the interim, please let me know if you received it OK (and next week if something goes wrong, please send me an email as well and we will investigate further).
Apologies for not following up sooner, but your account's new email had not been confirmed, so I requested a new confirmation email be sent to you, and it looks like your account is now all good. Tomorrow morning your fix should arrive.