Here, you will find a short list of keyboard shortcuts for things you probably do often in Visual Studio. You can find the first blog post of the series here: 19 Must-Know Visual Studio Keyboard Shortcuts – Part 1.
Visual Studio Keyboard Shortcuts
Navigation Related Keyboard Shortcuts
- Ctrl + Up/Down = Scrolls the window without moving the cursor
- Ctrl + – = Take cursor to its previous location
- Ctrl + + = Take cursor to its next location
- F12 = Go to definition
Debugging Related Keyboard Shortcuts
- Ctrl + Alt + P = Attach to process
- F10 = Debug step over
- F5 = Start debugging
- Shift + F5 = Stop debugging
- Ctrl + Alt + Q = Add quick watch
- F9 = Set or remove a breakpoint
Search Related Keyboard Shortcuts
- Ctrl + K Ctrl + K = Bookmark the current line
- Ctrl + K Ctrl + N = Navigates to next bookmark
- Ctrl + . = If you type in a class name like
Collection<string> and do not have the proper namespace import, then this shortcut combination will automatically insert the import
- Ctrl + Shift + F = Find in Files
- Shift + F12 = Find all references
- Ctrl + F = Displays the Find Dialog
- Ctrl + H = Displays the Replace Dialog
- Ctrl + G = Jumps to the line number or go to the line
- Ctrl + Shift + F = Find the references of the selected item in the entire solution
You can find more useful Visual Studio keyboard shortcuts here.
Read the complete list of shortcuts here.
Next, you can find even more useful Visual Studio keyboard shortcuts in the first article from the series - 19 Must-Know Visual Studio Keyboard Shortcuts – Part 1.
So Far in the C# Series
- Implement Copy Paste C# Code
- MSBuild TCP IP Logger C# Code
- Windows Registry Read Write C# Code
- Change .config File at Runtime C# Code
- Generic Properties Validator C# Code
- Reduced AutoMapper- Auto-Map Objects 180% Faster
- 7 New Cool Features in C# 6.0
- Types Of Code Coverage- Examples In C#
- MSTest Rerun Failed Tests Through MSTest.exe Wrapper Application
- Hints For Arranging Usings in Visual Studio Efficiently
- 19 Must-Know Visual Studio Keyboard Shortcuts – Part 1
- 19 Must-Know Visual Studio Keyboard Shortcuts – Part 2
- Specify Assembly References Based On Build Configuration in Visual Studio
- Top 15 Underutilized Features of .NET
- Top 15 Underutilized Features of .NET Part 2
- Neat Tricks for Effortlessly Format Currency in C#
- Assert DateTime the Right Way MSTest NUnit C# Code
- Which Works Faster- Null Coalescing Operator or GetValueOrDefault or Conditional Operator
- Specification-based Test Design Techniques for Enhancing Unit Tests
- Get Property Names Using Lambda Expressions in C#
- Top 9 Windows Event Log Tips Using C#
If you enjoy my publications, feel free to SUBSCRIBE.
Also, hit these share buttons. Thank you!
The post 19 Must-Know Visual Studio Keyboard Shortcuts – Part 2 appeared first on Automate The Planet.
All images are purchased from DepositPhotos.com and cannot be downloaded and used for free. License Agreement