Here, I will give you a short list of keyboard shortcuts for things you probably do often in Visual Studio.
Visual Studio Keyboard Shortcuts
Project Related Keyboard Shortcuts
- Ctrl + Shift + B = Build your project
- Ctrl + Alt + L = Shows Solution Explorer
- Shift + Alt + C = Add new class
- Shift + Alt + A = Add new item to project
Editor Related Keyboard Shortcuts
- Ctrl + Enter = Insert blank line above the current line
- Ctrl + Shift + Enter = Insert blank line below the current line
- Ctrl + Space = Autocomplete using IntelliSense
- Alt + Shift + arrow keys(←,↑,↓,→) = Select custom part of the code
- Ctrl + } = Match curly braces, brackets
- Ctrl + Shift + } = Select text between matched braces, brackets
- Ctrl + Shift + S = Saves all files and projects
- Ctrl + K, Ctrl + C = Comments the selected lines
- Ctrl + K, Ctrl + U = Uncomments the selected lines
- Ctrl + K, Ctrl + D = Do proper alignment of all the code
- Shift + End = Select the entire line from start to end
- Shift + Home = Select the entire line from end to start
- Ctrl + Delete = Deletes the word to the right of the cursor
Next, you can find even more useful Visual Studio keyboard shortcuts in the second articles from the series - 19 Must-Know Visual Studio Keyboard Shortcuts – Part 2.
Read the complete list of shortcuts here.
So Far in the C# Series
- Implement Copy Paste C# Code
- MSBuild TCP IP Logger C# Code
- Windows Registry Read Write C# Code
- Change .config File at Runtime C# Code
- Generic Properties Validator C# Code
- Reduced AutoMapper- Auto-Map Objects 180% Faster
- 7 New Cool Features in C# 6.0
- Types Of Code Coverage- Examples In C#
- MSTest Rerun Failed Tests Through MSTest.exe Wrapper Application
- Hints For Arranging Usings in Visual Studio Efficiently
- 19 Must-Know Visual Studio Keyboard Shortcuts – Part 1
- 19 Must-Know Visual Studio Keyboard Shortcuts – Part 2
- Specify Assembly References Based On Build Configuration in Visual Studio
- Top 15 Underutilized Features of .NET
- Top 15 Underutilized Features of .NET Part 2
- Neat Tricks for Effortlessly Format Currency in C#
- Assert DateTime the Right Way MSTest NUnit C# Code
- Which Works Faster- Null Coalescing Operator or GetValueOrDefault or Conditional Operator
- Specification-based Test Design Techniques for Enhancing Unit Tests
- Get Property Names Using Lambda Expressions in C#
- Top 9 Windows Event Log Tips Using C#
If you enjoy my publications, feel free to SUBSCRIBE.
Also, hit these share buttons. Thank you!
The post 19 Must-Know Visual Studio Keyboard Shortcuts – Part 1 appeared first on Automate The Planet.