We will discuss a quick tip to resolve the SourceTree issue mentioned in the title.
My system got upgraded to Windows 8.1 and I had to install all required software for the development work. I use SourceTree as a tool for Git commands for the projects. So, I installed that again after the format.
Unfortunately, when I started adding the projects as working copy, it complained that “This is not a valid working copy path“. The error is not very self explanatory, which triggered research work.
Before I landed upon the solution, I had visited all available menu options in SourceTree to find out the problem. Finally, something engrossed me. I was on Git Tab.
Tools -> Options -> Git
I found some buttons saying “Use Embedded Git“, “Use System Git” at the bottom. So, I suspected that Git is not yet enabled for SourceTree. Therefore, it is not able to identify my commands. I enabled it, that’s why it is shown as disabled below:
SourceTree Git Settings
Voila!!! Everything started working as expected.
Share in your circle. Keep coding folks.
Thanks for reading, have a great day ahead.