This post discusses how to send an email without back-end/server side code.
There are many solutions available for sending an email. Here, I am explaining steps to sending an email from an HTML page using Google Apps mail.
1. Make a Copy of the Sample Spreadsheet
2. Open the Script Editor
Open the Script editor… by clicking “Tools” > “Script editor…”
3. Set the TO_ADDRESS in the Script
4. Save a New Version of Your Script
Goto File-> Manager Version option to set Version
5. Publish the Updated Script as a Web App
Goto menu Publish-> Deploy as Web app option to publish
Select the latest project version to deploy:
6. Authorize the Script to Send Emails
Click Continue to authorize this app:
Copy the web app URL to your clipboard / Notepad. Then click “OK”.
7. Create Your Basic HTML Form
8. Open the HTML Form (page) in Your Browser
Fill in some sample data in the HTML Form:
Submit the form. You should see a confirmation that it was sent like:
\"message\":[\"This is test \"],\"email\":[\"firstname.lastname@example.org\"]}"}
Alternate solution: Use Ajax to submit the form
Hope this helps!