MySendToMail is a Windows shell enhancement that automates the sending of embedded images (photos) by email.
MySendToMail is intended to replace the "SendTo / Email Recipient" shortcut available in Windows Explorer. It automatically generates an email with images embedded in the body (in an HTML table) as well as attached in a zip file.
I wrote this program because... I like to send pictures - but it's not always easy to make sure people will get them right - there are too many different email clients, too many gateways that change/corrupt the original email message, or reject them because they are too big. So I tried to write a replacement for the "Send To / Mail Recipient" feature in Windows XP. Hope you'll enjoy it!
- Creates an HTML body for the email message
- Resizes all selected images
- Embeds selected images in the email body - as small thumbnail within an HTML table
- Attaches selected images in a zip file - but with a much higher resolution (suitable for printing)
Using this Tool
To use this tool:
- Start Windows Explorer / My Document / My Pictures
- Select one or more JPG images
- Use right mouse-click and select menu "Send To", and then option "My Send To Mail"
- Email message composer is automatically opened with your new message
- Type your message text and then send your email
- Press enter in the "My Send To Mail" window to close the program (and clean/delete temporary files)
Features and TODO List
MySendToMail supports the following features:
- JPG image resizing
- Thunderbird email client
The TODO list is long - here are some very important missing features:
- Support other image formats - GIF, PNG, etc.
- Support other email clients - Outlook Express, Outlook, etc.
- Support interactive resizing/embedding: request desired size, request number of columns in HTML table, etc.
- Replace the Windows "SendTo" menu option (instead of adding a new item in the "Send To" menu
- V1.0 - $Date: 2007-02-01 11:15:58 +0100 (jeu., 01 févr. 2007) $