This is a showcase review for our sponsors at The Code Project. These reviews are intended to provide you with information on products and services that we consider useful and of value to developers.
The latest version of Elementool’s web services-based bug tracking tool deploys directly in the Microsoft VS.NET 2005 development environment. This provides developers with a much easier, more streamlined way to track and save bugs, prioritize and assign bugs to team members, generate bug reports, customize forms and reports to their specific needs, and more, all within the VS.NET platform. It is simple to use, yet provides powerful tracking and reporting capabilities. It is ideal for developers working on small-to-mid-size projects, who prefer not to use the management tool available within Microsoft VS.NET 2005 itself.
The new release of the Elementool add-in uses Elementool’s own “Bug Life Cycle Model” to track and resolve issues during development. This model utilizes the following process:
- New bugs and enhancements are submitted; team leaders assign priority to new issues;
- R&D fixes issues according to priority; issues status changed to “Fixed” in Elementool account;
- R&D releases a new internal version; QA checks fixes issues in new release, using Elementool report engine;
- Fixed issues are closed in Elementool by QA; non-fixed issues are re-opened in the Elementool account.
Elementool supports developers and benefits them in the following ways:
- All of Elementool’s tools are web-based. No software or hardware is ever needed -- no database server, web server or client applications need to be installed. Elementool hosts all the applications needed on its website.
- The basic version of Elementool’s bug tracking tool is free, and there are no limits to the number of users who can access the Elementool account. Setting up an account only takes 30 seconds.
- Elementool constantly upgrades and updates its website and applications according to customer requests and needs, so developers are always assured of using the most up-to- date version of products.
- Developers can choose to stop using Elementool at any time, without obligation. When a project is finished, they can simply close their account.