This is an attempt to create a control which looks a little bit like the credits of the Matrix movie.
While it isn’t the greatest clone of the Matrix credits, it turned out really well.
I decided that I wanted the text on the background to be readable as well, so I didn't use the Matrix font (although it might have looked more realistic that way).
The control is derived from
Here is how you use this class:
- Insert the .h and .cpp files into your project.
- Add a static control into your dialog resource.
- Add a member variable for that static control.
- Modify the variable declaration.
- And finally in your InitDialog message handler set some text for the credits:
m_MatrixCtrl.SetCredits("What is The Matrix?, This is The Matrix!, "
"Programmed by, Pablo van der Meer, Pablo Software Solutions, "
Contacting the Author
Please send any comments or bug reports to me via
. For any updates to this article and other cool projects like this, check my site here
- 18th July 2002 - Initial revision.
- 22th May 2002 - Control is now a little bit easier to use. Fixed initialization problem.