This is a very simple step by step guide to install OSQA on Windows server in production. This guide is applicable to IIS 7+ based servers, which include Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, Windows Vista and Windows 7. Latter two should not be used for production solutions though. Please follow these steps:
- Download Microsoft Web Platform Installer, and install it.
- Run Web Platform Installer and click “Options”.
- Add Helicon Zoo feed into “Display additional scenarios” field: http://www.helicontech.com/zoo/feed Select “IIS” as a target web server.
A new tab named “
Zoo” should appear on the main page of Platform Installer.
- Go to Zoo → Applications and add OSQA, then click install.
- Accept license agreements:
Web Paltfrom Installer will start downloading and installing required components, which include Python 2.7.2, Django 1.3, Helicon Zoo Module, MySQL and OSQA itself.
- Setup new web-site dialog will appear. Fill it with your site specific values.
- Database dialog will open. Fill it to create new or use existing MySQL database.
Default administrator user name for MySQL is ‘
root’ and default password is empty.
Installation will configure database and run migration scripts, you can now launch web site by clicking on a link:
Congratulations! You have finished installation and may start using OSQA on your Windows server with Microsoft IIS in production: