It is also worth noting that, in order to get around the IE6 friendly http error pages 'feature', the page should be at least 512 bytes in size.
While we would like to pretend that no one still uses IE6, they do and in this case it is fairly easy to facilitate them.
Reference for this at ScottGu's blog[^]
1) Create & use your main Website directory, e.g., MainWebSiteDirectory.
2) Create another directory that is your "We're doing Maintenance" Website, e.g., MaintenanceDirectory.
When maintenance time comes:
3) Point your main website at the MaintenanceDirectory
4) Make changes /update MainWebSiteDirectory as needed
- Even consider making it a sub web-app of MaintenanceDirectory to validate changes
5) Point the main website back to MainWebSiteDirectory
- Don't forget to "remove" the test sub webapp in step 2
The best way to improve Windows is run it on a Mac.
The best way to bring a Mac to its knees is to run Windows on it.
~ my brother Jeff