This article explains an MS Outlook-style mini-calendar control using WTL.
This began as a port of Matt Gullett's MS Outlook-style miniature calendar control written for MFC. There are still some features remaining to be added to it, but it serves as a reasonable starting point for anyone needing this functionality in a WTL application.
- Display months in n-columns by m-rows
- Single-date or date-range selection (including SHIFT-extended selection)
- Different fonts for: header, day initials, and day numbers
- Auto-repeat on scroll arrows
- Auto-scroll when previous/following months' days are selected
- Callback (via
WM_NOTIFY) for highlighting 'special days'
- Month-year selection from header popup (with drop shadow under XP)
Optional display styles include:
- 3D border
- Today's date highlighted
- Previous/following months' days displayed with the months' days
- Week can start on any day of the week
This control was developed using VC++ .NET, WTL 7, and the Feb 2003 Platform SDK. It has been tested under Windows XP only.
- 22 May 2003
- 6 June 2003
- Added month/year selection popup
- Added 'special date' highlighting
- Buttons (optional) for selecting today's date, and for clearing the selection
- Provide internationalisation support
- Make it an ActiveX component