I am pleased to announce the open-sourcing of AppSecInc. MSI Extensions.
AppSecInc. MSI Extensions is a collection of MSI custom actions and WIX extensions that extend Windows installer, originally developed by Application Security Inc.. for a large enterprise product, and now open-sourced under the Eclipse Public License. The project grew incrementally implementing everything that wix didn't have out of the box. Code is fully unit-tested.
- System Tools: Deals with copying, moving, deleting files out of sequence, compare versions, execute commands, process template files, copy registry keys, etc.
- Java Tools: Deals with jar and unjar.
- Data Sources: Deals with generic ODBC and specific MSAccess and MSSQL databases, SQL files, etc.
- User Privileges: Deals with local users and groups.
- Common UI: Dialogs for installing Windows services and databases with credentials.
Immediate Custom Actions
- Manipulating files, folders, registry, services
String template and regex processing
- Active Directory functions
- ODBC and DMO functions
- Local users, groups, security and privileges
- Encryption, decryption, signing
- XML file manipulation
- TcpIp functions
- Supports impersonation in all custom actions.
I plan to maintain the open-source project and encourage you to contribute.