Easy to Use
- Simple, automatic menu construction
- Easy to modify permissions for users and groups
- WYSIWYG page editing with file and image library
- Search engine friendly
- Content is saved as static so Google will love it
- Modern technologies to automatically cache pages
- Some CMSs cost a lot of money
- Nukedit is free
- Open Source ASP and database is included
- Free for both Personal and commercial use
ENSURE SCRIPT BLOCKING IS DISABLED IF YOU USE NORTON ANTI-VIRUS.
1. Internet Information Server - IIS
Unzip the “Nukedit” to your computer and open IIS. Nukedit must run as the DEFAULT WEB SITE.
Open IIS, right click "Default Web Site" and select "Home Directory" and browse for the location you unzipped Nukedit to.
Choose "Directory Security" and allow anonymous access.
Allow read and write access to the content and database folder.
If you are just developing locally, you may also need to right click the folder in Windows Explorer and grant everyone full control.
If running on your personal computer, the address must be http://localhost/.
You should look at all the options and alter them to reflect your requirements. Most won't need changing.
Create new graphics for your new website. The main ones being the image across the top and watermark. See “For Designers” for full information about designing a site.
Using IIS, set anonymous access to the site and...
Database read and edit
read, edit & delete
/content/*.* (plus all sub directories)
Script access will also be required throughout the site.
Once the site is working, you'll need to log in as a power user to add new pages, etc.
Create new pages by right clicking the menu on the left. Click the "start menu" to add main menu items. Be sure to log on first.
Important Files and Description
Contains setup options for most of the site. See here first when setting up a new site.
Does a lot of the work.
#includes all other required files.
Writes headers and footers.
Useful set of helper functions that do database SQL commands
Library of file system object functions
Some of the other ezyedit functions.
E.g. permission checking, format date and server side HTTP requests
Use as you would use a regular mailgate. This one pretties it up to form emails a bit better.
Contains the following function:
Be sure to set the mail server at the top of the file.
Pages that handle the site search capabilities.
If your hosting company allows you to, set the default 404b.htm error message to:
errormsg/404b.asp and pages not found will be looked in the search page.
Contains all files that allow inplace editing. Includes EDIT/SAVE buttons.
Where the regular ASP pages are stored. These can all be edited.
The side menu is cached to files in here. One file for each user id.
Any sub folders in this folder will be selectable as a page theme or skin. Any images and style sheets in this folder need to be modified by a designer to suit your needs. See "For Designers" for more information.
- There are lots of files, so use global searches to find the functions you are looking for until you become familiar with the code.
- When changing settings for the side menu, you'll have to delete all /content/cache/*.* files for changes to take effect. Or just temporarily disable the menu cache in includes/setup.asp.
- Read the file descriptions above to get you started with customisation.
- If you have any problems, check the FAQ or Forums
http://www.nukedit.com - Nukedit Content Management
Nukedit is a simple content management system that is suitable for managing and building a website. I hope you benefit from it and the source code.
Visit the Nukedit Free Content Management
website for more information.