This articles was originally at wiki.asp.net but has now been given a new home on CodeProject. Editing rights for this article has been set at Bronze or above, so please go in and edit and update this article to keep it fresh and relevant.
Windows CardSpace: enables users to provide their digital identities in a familiar, secure and easy way. In the physical world we use business cards, credit cards and membership cards. Online with CardSpace we use a variety of virtual cards to identify ourselves, each retrieving data from an identity provider. Don't struggle with usernames and passwords, just choose an information card!
Introduction to cardspace
Channel 9 Videos:
- All Channel 9 content tagged with "CardSpace"
- ARCast.TV - DinnerNow.net Windows Cardspace Part 1 (27:35, 07/07) and Part 2 (27:34, 07/07)
- DinnerNow! (37:41, 06/07) - Discussion of the DinnerNow application which demonstrates a number of technologies, including a CardSpace ASPX control
- Identity Metasystem and CardSpace Interop in Action (16:41, 06/07) - From MIX'07, a demo of the identity flow across Windows, Mac and Linux
- InfoCard Explained (52:48, 04/06) - Introduction to InfoCard and the Identity Metasystem ("InfoCard" was the product codename for CardSpace)
- InfoCard Deep Architecture (59:32, 05/06) - In-depth discussion of how InfoCard works, how it's designed (and why) and how it will evolve in the future
- Kim Cameron - Identity Laws (55:26, 06/06) - Discussion about online identity. Covers the key ideas behind InfoCard and the Identity Metasystem
- WS-Trust - Under the Hood (1:03:49, 10/06) - WS-Trust is the protocol used by Identity Providers. It defines how a security token service should handle tokens