NetAdvantage and Visual Studio 2010
With Visual Studio 2010 now available, Infragistics has continued its dedicated, first class support for the latest version of the Microsoft developer IDE. Key goals of this latest Visual Studio release have included:
- Clear UI Organization
- Richer platform support
- Improved editor
- Better support for floating documents and windows
- Enhanced document targeting
- Modern operating system support, including Windows 7 and Windows Azure
Infragistics has updated their NetAdvantage® products with support for Visual Studio 2010 and .NET 4.0 to fully support the improved productivity experience the Visual Studio 2010 brings. Each platform brings you exciting opportunities to enhance your productivity.
Download a 30 Day Free Trial of NetAdvantage for .NET 2010 Volume 1 to see what I am talking about.
NetAdvantage for ASP.NET Developers
With Visual Studio 2010, Microsoft has delivered a complete Web development experience. Some of its key features include:
- “One Click” deployment that quickly publishes files and configuration settings from development machines to the final deployed Web site
- Full support for integrating Silverlight “islands of richness” into ASP.NET solutions
- Enhanced SharePoint design-time integration
In addition to supporting these features, Infragistics has been looking at adding native support for client-side data binding and client templates, as well as support for Script Loader, which loads all script files within a single HTTP request.
Infragistics also supplies you with many UI controls, such as their ASP.NET AJAX data grids (WebDataGrid™ and WebHierarchicalDataGrid™), for high performance line of business applications that go beyond what you receive in your Visual Studio 2010 toolbox by default.
Table 1. Comparison of Infragistics ASP.NET data grids with the System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView control.
Download a 30 Day Free Trial of the NetAdvantage ASP.NET controls to see what I am talking about.
NetAdvantage for Windows Forms Developers
As evidenced by their recent releases, Infragistics continues making major investments in their Windows Forms controls. Now with Visual Studio 2010, they have the opportunity to deliver even more compelling experiences within these key areas of importance:
- .NET 4 Client Profile specific build of NetAdvantage Windows Forms controls
- Multi-Touch support for default gestures in Windows 7
- Windows 7 support
- In-process side-by-side hosting enables an application to load and activate multiple versions of the common language runtime (CLR) in the same process
Additionally, Infragistics continues to add new controls and features to their framework and tools support that have proven themselves to be more fully-featured and higher performance so that you can meet the demands of your line of business application development. One example is the WinGrid™ data grid, which gives you a tremendous advantage out of the box over the standard DataGridView control.
Table 2. Comparison of Infragistics WinGrid™ data grid with the System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView control.
Download a 30 Day Free Trial of the NetAdvantage Windows Forms controls to see what I am talking about.
NetAdvantage for Silverlight Developers
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 also brings a rich developer experience for building Silverlight applications. The entire design-time experience around Silverlight is supported by Infragistics NetAdvantage Silverlight for Line of Business controls, including:
- WYSIWYG drag and drop design surface
- Full Property Browser Support
- Enhanced Debugging
Now the design time experience you are familiar with in Windows Forms and ASP.NET has been brought to your Silverlight development. Infragistics also packages the fastest Silverlight data grid on the market with their NetAdvantage toolset, perfect for the demands of your high performance line of business applications.
Table 3. Comparison of Infragistics xamWebGrid™ with the System.Windows.Controls.DataGrid control.
Download a 30 Day Free Trial of the NetAdvantage Silverlight for LOB controls to see what I am talking about.
NetAdvantage for WPF Developers
The .NET Framework 4 includes many enhancements for WPF developers, including improved graphics performance and layout rendering, better localization support, and improved interoperability. Key areas where Infragistics has been investing their development effort include:
- Improved support for UI Automation ensuring that their WPF controls provide a great experience when used with the new Visual Studio 2010 test automation
- An enhanced design surface experience for all controls that leverages the new design surface improvements common to both Visual Studio 2010 and Expression Blend 3
- Multi-Touch support for default gestures on Windows 7
- Visual State Manager support
- Improved accessibility support from the platform
- .NET 4 specific build of the NetAdvantage WPF controls
The ability to use either Visual Studio 2010 or Blend 3 gives you the potential for creating a consistent RAD experience when working in either of those tools, with NetAdvantage WPF controls. You are also getting numerous controls that are full of features your users demand while delivering these features with high performance, such as xamDataGrid™.
Table 4. Comparison of Infragistics xamDataGrid™ with the System.Windows.Controls. GridView control.
Download a 30 Day Free Trial of the NetAdvantage WPF controls to see what I am talking about.
Break Out Of the Box
Infragistics NetAdvantage for .NET 2010 Volume 1 lets you break out of the box with powerful, high performance user interface controls, and accelerate your development with the enhanced developer productivity features Microsoft has added in Visual Studio 2010. If you have any questions, Download a 30 Day Free Trial for yourself and see how NetAdvantage for .NET gives you complete usability, extreme functionality and the Wow-factor!
Copyright © 2010 Infragistics, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Infragistics, the Infragistics logo and NetAdvantage are registered trademarks of Infragistics, Inc. WinGrid, WebDataGrid, WebHierarchicalDataGrid, xamDataGrid, and xamWebGrid are trademarks of Infragistics, Inc. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owner(s).