One day my friend Imam
sent me an art work done on a word document which when reduced the font size to
very small (2), then the portrait of Aishwaria Rai (Former Miss World) appeared.
Initially I thought that it was an art work but after some thinking. I realized
later that it is impossible to create such color profile to near photo quality
by hand. Then I started working on how this can done. And after 2 days I wrote
this program to do the same thing.
This is a small program which can b used for fun …. And nothing more than that
This program is VB.Net and was developed on VS.Net 2003. This program
- Working on word documents from VB.Net.
- Changing Font color in a word document. (I spent
maximum time on this.)
- Reading individual pixel from an image and
converting ARGB values to RGB values. As the Color Class in the .Net directly
doesn’t give RGB value and Word doesn’t accept ARGB.
When u run the program... it asks for the image to be opened… and double
click on the image in the opened form … the write process starts… it’s so
simple… I used the double click event to keep the form clean…
I used Word 2003 as reference. If some one wants to use it with earlier
versions, simply remove the existing reference to Word Object and point it to
the windows 2000 or XP.
How to use it?
1. Run the application .. either double click the exe or run from
2. Select an image.. either jpeg or bmp (color dept doesnt
3. Enter the Text in the text box at the bottom of the opened form. This
text is typed repetetively to make the portrait.
4. Double click on the image on the form. A word document is opened and
typing proceeds. And the status is displayed as a progress bar.
5. After the image window disappeared reduce the font size to 2 points to
see the image ..
just play with that... to get the best image...
One last word… this code is very slow…. I appreciate if anyone suggests a
faster way of doing this…
Download Examples (One of the
example my photo itself and the other of Aishwaria Rai)