Favicon is a image\icon displayed alongside the address of a website and also shown as icon in your favorite/bookmark list of website.
How to Add a Favicon
- Create an icon (.ico) file which you want to show in address bar, on tab or icon in favorite item.
- Name it as favicon.ico and place it on the root folder of your website.
- Add the below tag under
<link href="favicon.ico" rel="Shortcut Icon" />
Points to Remember
- Size of icon should not exceed dimension 16 x 16.
- Browsers can keep your favicon in their cache, so even if you have changed it, old icon can still be shown to user by the browser.
- In case the above line of code is not working, try using this:
<link rel="icon" type="image/ico" href="favicon.ico" />