What does the code do?
Displays a loading / progress page for any ASP.NET / C# application.
How do I integrate it with my existing code or how do I use it?
Developers can add this to a tab on the toolbox to drop into a form at anytime!!
- Right click, Add tab "MyControls" perhaps.
- Right click, Customize Toolbox..
- Select ".NET framework Components" tab.
- Browse to the location of the MyWebControl assembly and select it.
- Select "NicsBar" control, press OK.
If there is a similar article on CodeProject already, then how does this one differ?
This one has been created from several different sources, although none of them seemed to solve the problem I was having with the following:
- This works for Netscape 4.x+, IE5.
- It can be customized to support other browsers which have not been supported in its current state.
- ViewState information is not lost between page loads.
- Loads before any other data in the application.
Why would someone want to use this version?
For the same reason I wrote it, the reasons above.
Is there some aspect of the code that is of particular interest that perhaps should be covered in the article?
Only the part where it uses the event handling for the ASP.NET page. Although it's simple enough.
Are there any particular environments the code is restricted to? (Windows 2000 or above, .NET SP1 etc)
None, just works for ASP.NET / C#.