This competition has ended
Please answer these questions:
- What does your application (or extension) do? What business problem does it solve?
- How many screens and entities does this application have?
Additionally answer as many questions below to improve your chances to win.
- Did LightSwitch save your business money? How?
- Would this application still be built if you didn’t have LightSwitch? If yes, with what?
- How many users does this application support?
- How long did this application take to actually build using LightSwitch?
- Does this application use any LightSwitch extensions? If so, which ones? Did you write any of these extensions yourself? If so, is it available to the public? Where?
- How did LightSwitch make your developer life better? Was it faster to build compared to other options you considered?
We're looking for submissions that show off LightSwitch's productivity and/or extensibility. Prove that LightSwitch saved your business the most time and money. Or show us the amazing things you can do with LightSwitch's extensibility model. Answer the questions above
to convince us! Judging will be made by both CodeProject and the LightSwitch Team. The community will also greatly influence our decision as we look at community comments and ratings on each of the submissions.
- Category 1: Most Efficient Business Application
- Shows productivity: "LightSwitch saved my business lots of time & money!"
- Most compelling use of LightSwitch to solve a business problem
- May use multiple and/or large data sources
- Shows off user productivity features
- Doesn’t necessarily need to use any extensions
- Saved the business the most time and money to build relative to the size & function of the application
- Category 2: Most Ground-Breaking Business Application
- Shows extensibility: “I can’t believe this is a LightSwitch Application!”
- Same judging as above but additionally:
- Uses extensions, shells, controls, etc., to extend LightSwitch past what you get out of the box.
- Could be any extension(s) – commercial or roll-your-own
Prizes will be issued monthly for the two categories and your submission is eligible to win every month.
- Most Effective Business Application
- First Prize: A bundled sponsor giveaway! Get your hands on cool components/control suites for LightSwitch and more! Includes: Document Toolkit for LightSwitch (First Floor Software), SalesForce.ADO.NET Data Provider (rssbus), OLAP for Silverlight (ComponentOne)
- Second Prize: $50 Amazon gift card
- Most Ground-breaking Business Application
- First Prize: A bundled sponsor giveaway! Get your hands on cool components/control suites for LightSwitch and more! Includes: Document Toolkit for LightSwitch (First Floor Software), Sharepoint ADO.NET Data Provider (rssubs), OLAP for LightSwitch (ComponentOne)
- Second Prize: $50 Amazon gift card
Additionally a Grand Prize Laptop (or cash equivalent) will be given away for each category awarded at contest end.
Grand Prize: ASUS UL30VT-X1K Laptop
- IntelCore 2 Duo Processor
- 4 GB RAM
- 500GB SATA HD
- NVidia G210M 512 MB
- Windows 7 Home Premium "requirements"
Most Effective Business Application
Most Ground-breaking Business Application
- Applications must be built using Visual Studio LightSwitch 2011 RTM (get a free trial)
- Contestants must be the owners of the submitted applications (you cannot submit other people’s work!)
- You can submit sample applications and/or extensions you built or actual applications running in a business
- If you are submitting an extension for consideration, please submit a sample that demonstrates using it in a LightSwitch application
- Additional weight will be given to entries that describe how LightSwitch made your development life better/easier
- Additional weight will be given to entries that submit real applications running in a business
- Additional weight will be given to entries that make the application public facing and/or using Azure deployment
- See judging categories and further regulations below
- Must be an article or video on LightSwitch application or extension.
- Must tag article / blog entry with LightSwitch tag.
- The contest begins on Oct 31, 2011 and will end Jan 31, 2012 at 11:59:59 PM US Eastern Standard Time. All entries must be submitted during this period in order to qualify.
- Articles / video entries must
follow the submission guidelines above.
- No cheating, lying, stealing code, swashbuckling, or biting.
- The judges’
decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Only those who
live in jurisdictions in which this contest is legal may enter.
- Any breach of
the rules and the prize will be awarded to the runner up.
- By entering
the contest you agree to the rules, conditions of entry, and agree that
your member alias, article, code and any other
submitted material can be used for promotional purposes by The Code
Project and/or Microsoft.
Conditions of Entry
Current winners list
Here, I will explain how you can work with SQL views in lightswitch and how you can save data on screens which are created on Views.
This article will explain you how to package your lightswitch application in a zip folder in Visual Studio Lightswitch 2013 professional
You can create SharePoint Provider Hosted applications using AngularJS and Visual Studio LightSwitch. This will allow you to create applications faster and easier.
This article shows how to simply create .rdlc report in Lightswitch Html client without using WCF RIA Services
A Visual Studio 2013 LightSwitch HTML 5 Application Tutorial
You can consume your backend OData Visual Studio LightSwitch services in AngularJs