To be exploited, an IDOR issue must be combined with an Access Control issue because it's the Access Control issue that "allow" the attacker to access to the object for which he have guessed the identifier through is enumeration attack.
So long as you have proper access controls in place, and return the same error for accounts that the current user doesn't have permission to access as for accounts which don't exist, there shouldn't be any problems.
Depending on what you're doing, you might be able to drop the querystring and deduce the record to display based on the currently logged-in user. Or you could replace the IDs with a Guid, which would be much harder to enumerate.
"These people looked deep within my soul and assigned me a number based on the order in which I joined." - Homer
Assuming your variables are well-named, you're doing a subtree search off of a full DN. You want a search scope of "Base". A user object has no subtree; it's not a container like an OU.
Another suggestion, your structure is highly coupled and can be easily jacked up by very minor changes to the directory. Assuming that you're using a SAM Name for login, you can completely skip the SQL server.
If you really need the SQL, though, you're doing it wrong. Use a parameterized query to leverage the DBMS rather than pulling the whole table and iterating it locally. So many wasted cycles!
"Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity."
- Hanlon's Razor
I am using ASP.NET MVC in one of my projects. I want to import an Excel file from the local computer and store it on the server and also want to export the Excel file. How do I do import and export of excel file in ASP.NET MVC?
reviously the program was written on VS2005, now I use VS2010 to run the program normally but when I publish the web site I get an error:
It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.
error CS0433: The type 'webapp4U.UI.Controls.Controls_MenuLeft' exists in both 'c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\nhadat\42a77785\d1e96df3\App_Web_danhmucbds.ascx.cc671b29.dll' and 'c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\nhadat\42a77785\d1e96df3\App_Web_quangcaoleft.ascx.cc671b29.dll'...
It means that "webapp4U.UI.Controls.Controls_MenuLeft" web user control exists twice.
Here and here ...
c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\nhadat\42a77785\d1e96df3\App_Web_danhmucbds.ascx.cc671b29.dll
c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\nhadat\42a77785\d1e96df3\App_Web_quangcaoleft.ascx.cc671b29.dll
You can try and go to the folder and delete the 2 files and rebuild the project. See if that clears up the error.
But I have found far in the past that this user control probably exists in 2 spots in your project. In other words you have somehow duplicated the same control in the same project. Try and locate the first instance of the control, then locate the 2nd. Or rename the first instance and rebuild to see what happens.
Newer versions of VS does a better job of detecting these mistakes, and sort of forces you to use namespaces to keep code tidy. In my experience the older VS versions let a few things slip by, until you deploy and learn the hard way.
If it ain't broke don't fix it
Discover my world at jkirkerx.com
I have checked and followed your instructions but it's failed, I have checked the user controls but have not seen the same, press F5 to run normally but Publish web site has the above error, I do not know how to fix such errors Come on.
It happened to me a couple of times back in 2008.
It's been so long ago, I can't remember exactly how I fixed it.
You might have to clean up the server as well if that's where the error message is coming from.