1. I delete the *.zip files from the article
2. I upload my new *.zip files
3. Sometimes when I test on the preview, It tells me that the files are deleted.
4. I go back to the article and I find that my *.zip are duplicated. The old *.zip files re-appear in gray.
5. I re-delete the old *.zip files and test on the preview again. Everything seems to be working fine.
6. I save the article and test again. Everything seems to be working fine.
7. I publish the article. When the article is approved, I test the download links and sometimes I get this error.
When you delete the files you're going to get "file not found" errors. Omit Step 1.
Akram El Assas wrote:
I go back to the article and I find that my *.zip are duplicated. The old *.zip files re-appear in gray.
This sounds like we need to improve the UI.
What happens is that when you upload new files to an article it keeps the old files and stores the new files under the /working directly. Your new version of your article will point to the /working files, and your current (published) version will point to the existing files. When you delete the files before uploading you're deleting the files from the current version (hence no one can download), but your new uploaded files are available for your new version (which won't be public until it's reviewed by high rep members).
The greyed out files in the list refer to files that you will be replacing with the new uploads you've just added.
Akram El Assas wrote:
I publish the article. When the article is approved, I test the download links and sometimes I get this error.
This is the bit that tells me there's an issue our end.
For now, please don't delete anything. Just upload the new files and publish normally.
Hello, I can't upload an article which text containing equations pasted from MS-Word 2016 by using CodeProject's article submission wizard. Previously, I have an experience of such articles *BUT* there was no problem with pasting text containing equations.
I've inspected the following problem and encountered that after an article has been submitted or just saved src="data:....." attribute of html-tag is omitted from the html code being uploaded using the submission wizard.
Now I'm just wondering what's the matter with the submission wizard ??