I have a problem with the SDK CR10M which allows to encode the information on the RFID card.
the sdk is done in vb6 when I try to migrate to vb.net it is imposible.
then I have a new project and the Dll (mi.dll) is not usable. so I found a trick that allowed me to use thisas a librairire.
now my project compiles but can not write the data and for caude:
ret = API_PCDWrite (hComm, devAddr, mode, blk_Addr, num_blk, asnr (0), aBuffer (0)) that returns this error: Additional information: Attempt to read or write protected memory. This often indicates that another memory is damaged.
I inherited and application that was initially built for Windows 7 OS. The application can display maps from Google Maps or Bing Maps. The error received is that the WebBrowser is being detected as an old browser that is no longer supported. I am trying to determine the best path for fixing this issue. What is the easiest way to upgrade the WebBrowser functionality so that it will work with Google and Bing maps, or any other mapping service that an end-user might want to implement. I need to find a temporary fix (band-aid) until all the code can be reworked to operate with the Windows 10.
I have some windows xp and windows 7 clients and I want to know what urls do they click.
I want to install a soft made in vb.net to monitor browsers (firefox and chrome) visited urls and send information to remote database (with public ip etc).
I googled it and it can be achieved with sqlite to query browsers stored url but i don't know how it can be done in details. So my questions are:
1. How to query browsers urls location when browser is running?
2. How to store results locally?
3. How to send and store result to remote db for further processing?
4. How to chose the right time to send information to remote db? I mean once a day or on startup. I don't have any idea.
Can someone help me with an example? Or can someone tell me how this can be done using their experiences?
I am a beginner and I have a little knowledge in vb.net and mssql databases.
I am getting strange issues when I tried to open my solution in VS 2013, there was no problem till Friday, these problems suddenly appeared. when I am trying to modify the Web Config of my WCF Service its giving me these errors within within VS
No exports were found that match the constraint:
When I am trying to run the application, VS is closing automatically, can anybody please help me, I am really not understanding what VS is trying to do, but help is needed, any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance.
"There is already enough hatred in the world lets spread love, compassion and affection."
You didn't say thing about the type of app you're writing, but typically, I'd generate a GUID and send that to the client and it stores it appropriately, passing it back to the server as appropriate when needed.
Actually I have made an Windows Form application and I am trying to protect it by giving a specific activation code generated by some machine id or something like that. I read about many different ways of getting unique hardware serials but there is no perfect solution cause hardware components can be cloned or replaced. I agree with you about activation through server but I would like to make possibility to make also offline registration.
Honestly, the copy protection problem has never been solved, by any vendor. It's a waste of your time and, more importantly, your customers time.
My primary job is software repackaging for deployment in the enterprise environment. Trust me when I tell you, as a customer, licensing is a giant pain in the ass.
Normally, vendors use the data submitted about the customer, such as company name, contact name, phone number, address, email address, and whatnot, run all that through an algorithm to generate a license key file. That license file is checked for validity by the application on launch.
But, in all cases, if someone wanted to hack your app and take out the license validation, there's nothing you can do to stop them.
DO NOT TRY AND "ROLL YOUR OWN" LICENSING SOLUTION. You'll end up making it ridiculously easy to break. Use a commercial solution. Google for "C# licensing framework".