Man today has been a real learning experience, is it Monday? I made a change to the Primary key of my site and I didn't realize that I needed to restart my site. I just changed hosts a few months back so am still learning abut some the idiosyncrasies with it.
1. Downloaded and saved the file. It ran after giving some warnings (IE said it wasn't a file people usually save, and Windows blocked it because it may be harmful, but I selected More Info which allowed me to "Run Anyway".
2. The installer ran, but said that .NET 3.5 was required and brought me to the Microsoft site.
3. Downloaded .NET 3.5 SP1 and installed.
4. Ran installer again, this time directly from the file and the Setup started. Setup completed adding a shortcut to the desktop. There is also a WinHeist category in the "Apps" section of the startup menu, although both links say "Shortcut to WinHeist", might want to change that to just say "WinHeist".
5. Ran program, asked me to create a database, which I was able to successfully accomplish this time. After creating the database the software ran, dialogs opened and no errors.
6. Help file still says V1, but I assume you haven't gotten that far. Also the version in the title bar (22.214.171.124) doesn't match your download version.
Thats about all I can see, let me know if you want me to try something specific.
I understand that everything is "visual" these days and the level of abstraction in software development is enormous, making it unnecessary for a developer to know about existence of actual ones and zeroes that make up the CPU instructions .
I know that this forum is dedicated to the latest tools primarily from Microsoft and this is not the right place to ask the question I have.
Yet I am desperately looking for the "dinosaurs" who may know what assembler is, who learned to program 30-40 years ago, and in the process of doing that came across the basic programming tools, such as command-line compilers and linkers.
I've been using bcc32 and ilink32 to build API applications for 15 years, primarily for scientific computing and hardware control.
Recently I came up with an unusual project, which requires some re-configuring of the compiler settings. Unfortunately, my post at Embarcadero (former Inprise -> former Borland) web site remains unanswered. That is why I am here "crying into the wind" for some help.
Please reply to this message if you think you could help.
I do not bother to describe the question itself in this post (to save space on the server )
I've created two windows 8 applications. One of them was a very useful app. Lot of users gave me good feedback. And they wish i could improve it. Some site web has choosen this app as a very suggested app.
But because of my work, almost one year i didn't touch it. Now, i want to send my app to someone else who can take care of it.
Here is the link of my app http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/fr-fr/app/putem-on-maps/af6b344c-07c1-4684-ad49-1d20b6870dc1/m/ROW
Another here is: http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/fr-fr/app/link-file/c0b3e137-71a0-473a-a02a-d8f198a4d1e2
I don't care of money earning in the future from your part. But i really want my idea could help more peoples.
If someone has interested in it, please contact me with my gmail: firstname.lastname@example.org I'm Bo. Please write me the mail with English, French or Chinese please.
And i also want to know where can i find you who want to continue my idea
I recently been developed a small app for my 3 year old daughter. The idea being that when she sits at the computer she cannot inadvertantly change anything. When she hits a key on the keyboard the number or letter will popup on the screen and a voice will say what it is. With the mouse she can move the letter around the screen. With the mouse buttons she can change the colour, and with the mouse wheel she can change the size.
A screen shot of the app can be found here (40.2 KB)
The source code with a release exe and audio files can be found here (4,092.7) KB
If you do try it out. Remember that the keystrokes <Esc><a><d><a> will stop it.
I am thinking of writing an article on it and some of the things I did to create it. If I do write an article the code will definitely have to be cleaned up first. Do you guys think it is worthy of an article here on CP, especially seeing how it is not geared towards developers.
What I need from you guys and/or gals is people who are willing to provide translations and audio files for other languages. I would really love to get this working in French, Spanish, German, and Dutch. The more the better.
If you are interested in helping have a look in the "release/audio/1033" folder and find the file named "Sounds.xml". This file contains instructions (as comments), All the GUI texts that would need to be translated, and the linkages between the characters and audio files.
For every language translated I would need new audio files and an updated Sounds.xml file.
I could also stand to have new audio files for the 2057 English UK folder.
Need a new cell phone? We supply most of the major carriers. Telus in Canada. Flash, Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint in the USA. O2, talkmobile, tmobile, orange, three, and vodafone in Europe. See my website for details.
hi, have been searching around for quite a while on this but have been having trouble locating an explanation.
i've read all over that unit tests need to be runnable independently from other code. this makes sense to me but my question is what to do with re-usable code?
i have 4 tests:
CreateUserTest : i create a user object in the db DeleteUserTest: here, i want to create a user, then delete that user. so i re-use the code in the first test. CreateGroupTest: Creates a group in the db AddUserToGroupTest: this is another reusability example. here, i run the "CreateGroupTest", "CreateUserTest","AddUserToGroupTest"
i can run each test individually and in any order. (which is good)
is something wrong with this type of reusability?
i have everything as seperate tests in one test fixture with one setup and one teardown.
MapWindow Open Source GIS is a .NET application on top of an ActiceX control.
The ActiveX control: MapWinGIS (mapwingis.codeplex.com[^]) has been improved a lot the last years but the .NET Desktop application (MapWindow v4) has not.
Because parts of MapWindow v4 has been written 7-10 years ago we've decided to start over with the desktop version.
This version we call MapWindow v5.
We are now at the start of this project and we've made a prototype based on a new architecture.
We are now looking for software architects that want to join this project and help us set it up correctly.
We also need people with a lot of unit tests experience, because that is lacking in our community.
And of course we need C# developers that will assist us in building the application.
Hey guys. We've written a java based messaging program, and we'd like to have someone assist us in porting it to Android. We've tried with one developer, and he wasn't quite as great as he said he was, and we never got it working. We've got information about the program on our indiegogo page HERE. Currently, we're too busy to work on both the PC version and the Android version at the same time, as it would hinder our progress. Anyone interested, please let me know, either on here, or (faster) on Skype: methaneboy. Thanks and looking forward to finding someone to work with
I'm looking for .net devs that are free and would like to work on some fun projects.
Im currently working on news,update and login system for applications as library so if anyone is interested joining please let me know or contact me on skype for more informations. My skype name is trle94akaonlykl
This project has pretty high goals, maybe some of which will not even be reachable, but i've been working on it for over two years already so i'm not really into letting it go down the drain without a fight So having a partner or two would probably make quite a bit of a difference.
1) this invitation is only for the most daring: advanced C++ skills, socket programming, P2P network design, etc, and looooooots of time and dedication are required to make any progress on this beast, so please only contact me if you really have what it takes (time and the necessary skills) to get involved in this crazy venture.
2) should you be interested in participating in this project, i will have to ask for some open source coding proofs from you (or, alternatively, we'd need to have a [long] chat during which we'll need to asses together how well you'd be able to deal with the various challenges specific to this project); the thing is that this project is so complex, and my time so limited, that i cannot afford to spend time with double-checking every line of code that a potential partner will write, so i need to have some understanding of the skill set and programming experience of whoever will join
for any further inquiries, please only use the P2P OS project's "Contact" page (i.e. i will not elaborate on any project details on this website, that's what the project's blog is for)
I'm looking for a partner in developing a programming language. The idea is a native general purpose language that is simple, but also fast enough for e.g. 3D games and doesn't limit low level programming. I develop in C#, it's a really powerful language, but unfortunately it's not good for these.