Recently while looking for Braille characters as images, I discovered a rather strange thing - there were many, many websites that taught Braille, but I could not find any that had all of its characters as separate image files, let alone in one place.
In order to fill this gap, I went ahead and created an open source project on SourceForge BrailleAlphabetGenerator hoping it would be useful for someone. The intention was to keep the image parameters customizable.
I am seeking feedback from all of you on how to improve the project - code, visual, or anything else (except perhaps, 'Why not use Unicode?').
I built a Windows 8 app and there's apparently a design problem that my computer doesn't show. I'm losing users left and right but I can't get a good answer from them exactly what's wrong.
If just one or two of you were able to tell/show (screenshots) me what's wrong by looking at my app, I would appreciate that more than words can say.
The app is a time-lapse app so it requires a webcam. Anyone with 8/8.1 should be able to run it. I don't believe you have to spend long with it. All I'm trying to figure out is why I got one (and only one) report about the "stop" button being missing during recording.
The app is here for those who can help. Thank you!
I have two major projects on my hands that I need some help with. I've spec'd them out so that they are WPF based (for a lot of reasons). Unfortunately I don't have a lot of WPF experience and I'm looking for somebody to help work on the WPF side of these projects with me. I've read some good books on WPF but with a kid on the way I'd like to get these projects moving a little faster.
The first project is a visual scripting system similar to FlowHub[^] but designed to be integrated into other applications. I have the first version working and I'm working on version 2. This is the first project that I need help with the designer side.
The second one is also a designer in WPF but much closer to a full forms designer.
If you are interested in helping out let me know (either post here or hit the Email button below my post).
I need a tester running Windows 8.1 to test an application I've rewritten that keeps track of electrical components. Basically just to make sure it Initializes, creates DB and can access Config file and Registry, shouldn't take more than about 15-20 minutes of your time.
I don't have and or have access to a Weight machine (I like how that sounds )
I should be able to take a shot at it next weekend (I run Windows 8.1), just answer as private email to this post.
If you are interested you can compile it to run on W8.1 RT as well, I could test that too.
Veni, vidi, caecus | Everything summarizes to Assembly code
Thanks I've run into a few problems and I've been delayed on releasing the Beta. Got a tooth that needs pulled and I've not been able to get it pulled until tomorrow because it was/is infected. I don't have much to do but have not been able to concentrate.
It asks me to create the database, which I select a folder (in my My Documents folder) and give it a name (WinHeist.db3), after hitting Create it gives the error: "An error occurred trying to create the DB" (with an Information icon ).
The application still opens, so if I click the options gear in the tool bar, I get an "Unhandled Exception" dialog with the error "The type initializer for WInHeist.DBAccess.MasterRepository" threw an exception. The location of this error is in the ConfigForm Initialize routine, when it calls MasterRepository.CategoryRepository, apparently you missed a check to see if a database actually exists before trying to get data from it.
I assume the second error is because of the inability to create the DB, if it isn't valid to run the program without a DB created, you should probably exit the program instead of allowing it to run.