good morning I'm considering creating a Universal app windows 10 limited to the classic desktop and mobile app CRUD but I wanted to make sure that both devices were using the same database, I wanted to ask if you can change the connection string and indicate a specific directory in the local network. I wanted to avoid making a WebAPI REST.
This is the path to change:
Did you try to leave the drivers installed? Or disable automatic driver updates from Windows Update? BTW what's the reason for disabling it (just curious because you said you need it for other OSs, so obviously it's not a hardware issue I guess)?
What kind of sound card is it? There may be updated drivers available from the manufacturer that aren't available through Windows Update. I just updated my laptop's graphics and audio drivers using an updater provided with the system when I bought it (the notices are non-intrusive, a simple notification in the lower right hand corner that vanishes after a few seconds.)
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
The metaphorical solid rear-end expulsions have impacted the metaphorical motorized bladed rotating air movement mechanism.
Do questions with multiple question marks annoy you???
I think that if you uninstall a driver, it is essentially completly removed including information about being disabled and thus it would get reinstalled next time if the driver still exist (which is probably often the case).
So to prevent it from being reinstalled, you have to leave it disabled (and not uninstall it).
Consider the following two programs. One is the console application with this code:
char *p = newchar;
I run this program in Debug configuration and break on return 0 line. I the Watch window I see p variable value. The second program:
HANDLE hProcess = OpenProcess( PROCESS_VM_READ, FALSE ,
processId ); // ID of the process under debuggerif ( hProcess == NULL ) return;
address, // value of p variable from the process under debugger
// error handling
ReadProcessMemory is successful both in 32 and 64 bit (both program are compiled in Win32 or x64 configuration). Environment: Windows 7 64 bit, Visual Studio 2010. It also works in previous Windows versions.
Now I try the same in Windows 10 64 bit. Both programs in 32 bit - OK. 64 bit: ReadProcessMemory returns FALSE with last error 299: Only part of a ReadProcessMemory request was completed.
1. To replace PROCESS_VM_READ with PROCESS_ALL_ACCESS
2. To run the second program as administrator
3. To use different Visual Studio versions (2010, 2015).
Still doesn't help. ReadProcessMemory fails in Windows 10 for 64 bit processes.
Edit: I tried to write this code from scratch, and it is working. So, the problem is somewhere in the original project, I don't know the solution yet, but API is working.