The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
Tried to link to Hosted Mysql db and whilst I can link, connect to DB and tables, see data and the columns, when one tries to Bind to connection, it then say sorry , I cannot read the Information Schema! Why does it need to if it has jsy read all the data it needs? Being Hosted I do not have access to the Schemas.
"the debugger doesn't tell me anything because this code compiles just fine" - random QA comment
"Facebook is where you tell lies to your friends. Twitter is where you tell the truth to strangers." - chriselst
"I don't drink any more... then again, I don't drink any less." - Mike Mullikins uncle
TWO HOURS of productive time at the office? PER DAY???
Pressure like that is inhuman! I need to send a complaint to the union!
Anything that is unrelated to elephants is irrelephant Anonymous - The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they're genuine Winston Churchill, 1944 - I'd just like a chance to prove that money can't make me happy. Me, all the time
Those spike tyres are not allowed in Germany (since 1975)
But even in Finland, they have to be equipped. I once had to help pushing the taxi uphill that should bring me to the airport because it still uses summer tyres in November. The excuse: "On the Åland islands the winter is usually coming later".
I remember that storm.
I was a student then. We had an Indian student from Bhopal (the western side) living in the same house, she was doing an internship at the time.
After realizing the buses didn't go she walked to her job (4 km) just to realize she was the only one there.
Her boss was so delighted to have someone around, being able to answer the phone while actually being able to checkup on stuff, that he gave her the following Friday off.
Is it just me or is the method in which you need to update SSMS ridiculously inane.
You get a notification within the app that it's out of date. The third one this month. So you click the link thinking it will initiate an in-app update. It's just a console app, after all.
But no. You are sent to a website where you choose the download you need, you download it, find it, double click it, and then get a notice that it can't proceed because SSMS is open. Your only option is to close and restart the installer.
So you close SSMS, relaunch the updater, wait, then click the Close button on the "we're finally done" screen and relaunch SSMS. And, of course, delete the app you just downloaded because it's littering your desktop.
And the point of the update? No idea. It looks and acts exactly the same. There's not even a "Fixed the icon to use the correct shade of chartreuse" or something update summary paraded in front of you so you feel good about that 5 mins of wasted time and the 1hr of recollecting your thoughts.
Can someone remind me just how much I pay a year for the privilege of using SQL Server?
Last Visit: 31-Dec-99 19:00 Last Update: 18-Dec-17 9:31