The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
When you bring up an issue to your boss, he listens & right from the first line you see a bad surprise on his face that conveys, he's completely unaware of the whole thing. Without acknowledging any of it, he waits till 90% is over & then say "Now you are talking" as if I brought up a great insight exactly @ 90:00 on the slider. And the rest of thing- he's already aware, Which is TRULY not. I totally dislike the lack of honesty in simple conversations. damn, these old corporate lions.
I first of all, I dislike these outdated phrases like "Now you are talking" But still better than the boss trying to pick phrases from newer movies & put them to use just to show he's still young and kicking.
When something happens like this, I imagine a 7 feet huge retired bear trying to speak in cute little teddies voice and be among them. Many times he ends up being the Elephant in the room. Oh wait, that's yet another over used idiom in our daily language.
Starting to think people post kid pics in their profiles because that was the last time they were cute - Jeremy Falcon.
So I've been working on a book (on CI) since last Christmas.
Last week I finally finished it (it's in tech review now, will be for another few weeks probably)!
Which means I have time to play some games again
The first game on my wishlist was Horizon: Zero Dawn.
An awesome game from a Dutch studio (and my former drum teacher helped on the soundtrack)!
Nothing beats killing robot dinosaurs by shooting some heavy weaponry off their back and using it against them (or shooting their core unit making them explode).
Except maybe the soundtrack
If you have many favourites in the favourites bar and you have to scroll down to find the right one, it can be a real pain. Instead just type the first letter of the page and it will directly scroll down to the shortcut.
If there is only one shortcut with that letter (maybe Z), the page loads in the browser automatically.