The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
Just had my medical assortment and I'm obese and my blood pressure is high. But I produced a urine sample to order by drinking several cups of coffee (why do they make you do these things early in the am?)
Don't read too much into a one-off BP test, They scared the sherbet out of me by referring me to hospital after a test at the GP's a couple of years ago. The hospital attached a machine to me to test me over 24 hours - those results were fine, turns out my blood pressure is okay unless I'm sat in a doctor's surgery thinking about my blood pressure ...
I test my own occasionally with a unit I bought from Boots - essentially the same thing GPs use - and it's amazing what a variety of results I can get out of it even by testing within a couple of minutes of the last one.
Many parents I've see around, torture their kids with studies. At times it goes to this type of extremes[^]. I've heard from my mates, if this happens in the US, the parents might be in prison by the time I finish posting this message.
But times are changing here too, Many "millennial" parents are doing great. They do leave the child free. But a typical parent of the 1990s used to literally abuse the children in the name of education. At the end the Child will pick up a bit on studies but lose out on the basic human traits.
On the video the child is so frightened as she forgot "2" after the "1".. And she screams almost like "After 1...(crap) that's nothing!, it's 3? oh No (Sh*it) is it nothing. ..4? No sh*t!!...its 5.
She doesn't use these cr*p & sh*ts literally, but her emotions were so strong, and the way she expresses it is worse than using these words. Poor child.
Starting to think people post kid pics in their profiles because that was the last time they were cute - Jeremy Falcon.
Sad and true, since I have experienced it first hand. Now I am a smart guy, but I have no social life.
I believe these practices will end with the practitioners because I for one am not going to do the same and I do not think I am the only one here.
I am not the one who knocks. I never knock.
In fact, I hate knocking. Just barge in will'Ya?