The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
If you want to alert someone specifically, you can use an "atsign" code: Go to the member page, and in the top left is the code you need. For PeeJayAdams, it's @User-10476399
Enter that in your message, and he is sent an email, like you are for this: @johnwong6
Sent from my Amstrad PC 1640
Bad command or file name. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaaay...
AntiTwitter: @DalekDave is now a follower!
We've come a long way. I was thinking, wow, it would have been amazing to work on a project like that. Then I realized the drudgery of hand soldering and wiring all those tubes. I guess no matter how technology advances, the drudgery never goes away, it only changes form.
Winter kicks off today. I've been thinking of getting out the warm T-Shirt. Funny as faarrrkkkk to watch people for the past few weeks done up in jackets I wouldn't need in the snow and big thick scarfs.
Doesn't really get cold around here till middle of July and through August. And by cold I mean absolutely nothing like people get way up north like in Canadia and such. Might get -5 at night but will still be double digits during the day.
Bloody Millenials need to harden the faarrrkkkk up.
"I controlled my laughter and simple said "No,I am very busy,so I can't write any code for you". The moment they heard this all the smiling face turned into a sad looking face and one of them farted. So I had to leave the place as soon as possible." - Mr.Prakash One Fine Saturday. 24/04/2004
That is the reason I like to live on the coast of California. The year I lived in Newport Beach, CA did not use the air conditioner or heater once. However I did use the fan. Now when I moved to Studio City, CA I real happy to have both, but still it is pretty mild there.
If only, first day of summer over here, but I prefer the winter.
Air conditioners are pretty rare in the Netherlands so when it's hot outside it's hot inside (which isn't very often, but still a few weeks a year).
Everyone has heaters though, so when it's cold outside I get to pick the temperature inside
You can always spot the travellers in Rome in autumn/spring, they are the ones in tshirt and shorts while the locals have their winter finest on. Fashion trumps comfort every time. You see it in SG as well, 30' and some of the locals have jumpers on, weird.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity
Last Visit: 31-Dec-99 18:00 Last Update: 21-Jun-18 0:52