The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
So it's now tomorrow, I'm pissed and have to be up in about 4 hours 45 minutes. Off to bed.
"I controlled my laughter and simple said "No,I am very busy,so I can't write any code for you". The moment they heard this all the smiling face turned into a sad looking face and one of them farted. So I had to leave the place as soon as possible." - Mr.Prakash One Fine Saturday. 24/04/2004
So we're down to comparing OSes with laundry detergent now. OK, I'll bite:
Windows: The detergent, while it does an adequate job, somehow can't be used with your perfectly good washing machine and you have to replace it with a much more sophisticated internet-connected one and comes with features you don't want or need, and if you look at it the wrong way, it stops working for reasons unknown.
So last week I had to get some data from some third party SOAP service.
They sent me some WSDL and XSD files that I could work with and use to generate a C# client.
Unfortunately, it didn't work. I was missing some types...
One email later I got a missing XSD file that was supposed to fix the problem.
It fixed some problems, but a few still remained.
Another email, but according to them everything was fine.
I made a phone call, but they couldn't really help me as I didn't have a support contract, but they could tell me to try and run it in SoapUI.
Fine, SoapUI it is, of course that also didn't work.
I emailed the SoapUI screenshots and mentioned that my WSDL and XSDs were all in the same folder.
Their reply was that it looked like my WSDL and XSDs weren't in the same folder.
So anyway, I found that one of the XSDs contained the still missing types, but the XSD wasn't referenced in the WSDL, so I added it myself.
Now SoapUI worked, but I still couldn't generate C# code.
So again, I sent an email to the supplier and attached all my WSDLs and XSDs including the one I manually changed and explained that seemed to work, but not completely.
They tested their own WSDL that I sent them and concluded that, indeed, it didn't work.
They then sent me a new WSDL with just one change, the one I manually made to their WSDL... Oh, and that XSD that I was missing in the first place went missing again! (Luckily I still had that)
Good for nothing b**** a** m************
To be continued next week...
I really hope we won't need a support contract because the only reason we need that in the first place is because they can't deliver a proper WSDL!
Oh, and their website only works on IE (and then only half of it)