The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
It is got much better since... Nowdays Windows installs/updates software on its own, and does the reboot also... Whenever it fits...
I can't see how 6 minutes of update/install process can annoy Bill Gates... The email shows how disconnect he was from the reality of Microsoft while dreaming in his office... As I see it is still the same today...
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge". Stephen Hawking, 1942- 2018
About two weeks ago I asked your advice on some hardware, mainly two new monitors and a docking station.
You guys gave me some very good tips and recommendations and after taking everything into consideration... I did the complete opposite
Funny thing with the monitors, they're 2560 x 1440 and Windows recommends changing font sizes to 125%.
I agree that 100% is a bit small, but at 125% some text got blurry.
The solution is to choose a custom scale and set it at... 125%!
Works like a charm, everything's crispy clear