The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
a movement or series of moves requiring skill and care.
"snowboarders performed daring manoeuvres on precipitous slopes"
synonyms: operation, exercise, activity, move, movement, action
"a tricky parking manoeuvre"
a large-scale military exercise of troops, warships, and other forces.
"the Russian vessel was on manoeuvres"
synonyms: training exercises, exercises, war games, operations
"large-scale military manoeuvres"
move skilfully or carefully.
"the lorry was unable to manoeuvre comfortably in the narrow street"
synonyms: steer, guide, drive, negotiate, navigate, pilot, direct, manipulate, move, work, jockey
"I manoeuvred the car into a parking space"
carefully guide or manipulate (someone or something) in order to achieve an end.
"they were manoeuvring him into betraying his friend"
synonyms: intrigue, plot, scheme, plan, lay plans, conspire, pull strings; More
This page demonstrates just how vast space is in general and how far apart are planets in our solar system from each other, and from the sun. We've all seen pictures of the solar system, but this is a more accurate portrayal of it, and it assumes that the moon were just 1 pixel.
If you play KSP you get a feeling for those distances, while you are able to reach the moon with in hours and do a roundtrip within a day (easily), the mars is a lot longer trip where you either have to skip forward with highspeed or just fly thousands of moon missions meanwhile
I wanted to know how you organize your little perls, your fragments. There are things like GistBox, or Android Studio's "Create Gist" feature, there are lots of snippet managers available - many for free... Do you use any of these? Or do you keep your snippets on Post-It-like tools like Google Keep or Evernote and the like? I came in touch with many of them, liked more than one and ended up in having snippets-here-and-there... Still haven't found the one-and-only tool to stick to.