The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
That would be very smart. Reality will be that the tyical yes-men will not let the opportunity to crawl into someones 'assimilator'. Others will keep their mouth shut out of fear and play along. Most of those who wanted to opt out will be persuaded bribed with a small gift. Wanna have a new smartphone?
And those that actually are smart enough not to play along will only lose. But yes, I prefer to live without a job before I would let myself be tagged like a dog.
Actually, someone should create a minicapacitor that charges off the body somehow, hack the supply chain to those 'rice' implants, and have those installed instead! Then, every 25 minutes, or however long it takes to charge up, the suckers can be 'reminded' that they were stupid enough to sign up for such a venture!
This is to inform you that a new standard CSC-S17-001 Standard for standards has been published on CSC Share point site . This replaces the existing Standard GGC-S13-001 Standard for Standards which has been archived.
The new Standard replaces all GGC words with CSC and the Standards template incorporates the name and business unit of the document owner with some minor changes in the process of publishing the standard document.
I personally would really appreciate knowing that the standards are kept up to date, and that there is a revision history that is terse enough to let me know I don't have to go back and read it to understand the changes.
I wish all of the sales idiots would start using this so my rejected number list could get smaller...
BTW, does anyone know if there's a limit to how many numbers the rejected phone numbers list holds on a Samsung phone?
".45 ACP - because shooting twice is just silly" - JSOP, 2010 - You can never have too much ammo - unless you're swimming, or on fire. - JSOP, 2010 - When you pry the gun from my cold dead hands, be careful - the barrel will be very hot. - JSOP, 2013
Well if you mouse hover over the link you will see that it points to google,
and doing that you also get
1. the most up to date results - not some stale copied/pasted info
2. more sure it's real info (the copied info may be altered before pasted)
3. correctly formatted at source as not all css/html pastes well into cp
4. and if you've set security properly you can't get bitten clicking on a link
Yeah, can see that but I'm the opposite in that I prefer the reference - particularly if to or links to reputable info such as the manufacturers page - to be more sure it's genuine rather than a guess, joke, fake, outdated or non applicable.
From what I know, it's limited only by the amount of storage on the phone.
Government can give you nothing but what it takes from somebody else. A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you've got, including your freedom.-Ezra Taft Benson
You must accept 1 of 2 basic premises: Either we are alone in the universe or we are not alone. Either way, the implications are staggering!-Wernher von Braun
Last Visit: 31-Dec-99 18:00 Last Update: 24-Jul-17 23:44