The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
I have a stored proc with two merge statements. SQL Server was showing the "can't update the same row twice", but was reporting the error on the first line of the stored proc (which was not where the first merge statement started).
".45 ACP - because shooting twice is just silly" - JSOP, 2010 ----- You can never have too much ammo - unless you're swimming, or on fire. - JSOP, 2010 ----- When you pry the gun from my cold dead hands, be careful - the barrel will be very hot. - JSOP, 2013
In Italy not so much, and right now it is using the unregulated clandestine immigration as their violent arm (basically our mob makes arrangement to get immigrant countries criminals and mobsters in Italy, retaining part of the profit and overseeing their operations) so that traditional "mafia" is less named in the news.
Yet there still are obvious italian mob killings, one of the last I heard of right in my city - which is at the far North, nominally way outside traditional mafia turfs but actually not, as my family personally knew dozens of affiliates of various kinds - and it was the murder of a local politician. Mafia always worked underway with bribes and blackmails, only with the occasional beating or "disappearance", until Riina got to power and started what was all but formally a terror campaign.
Sadly, the mob is still there, still powerful as usual, and now nobody speaks of it since it is back to the usual, quiet, self. People disappear, legal and public documents disappear, witnesses keep suddenly forgetting about what they did see, judges keep mudding trials and so on so forth.
I was cleaning my cupboards, lockers this weekend. I heaped up a lot of garbage to be shredded before it was thrown to litter bin. Then in the evening, I got busy and left home leaving the pile of papers unshredded (All contains confidential data) Right from my bank account number, statements to my old salary slips etc etc.
The next morning I entered into my room to see it clean & all the papers already thrown to the bin.
I got furious & shouted at my wife asking her why the confidential-garbage was thrown out without verifying with me. Those are critical documents and has to be shredded for sure.
She replied, she isn't stupid, she shredded them all before throwing out.
Still it didn't cool me off. Guess why?
The reason - I was planning to have a lot of fun shredding them by myself. hehehe. May be it's silly, but there's some kinda fun in doing the destruction . I miss those papers *dammit*!
Starting to think people post kid pics in their profiles because that was the last time they were cute - Jeremy Falcon.