The Lounge is rated PG. If you're about to post something you wouldn't want your
kid sister to read then don't post it. No flame wars, no abusive conduct, no programming
questions and please don't post ads.
1. The lounge is for the CodeProject community to discuss things of interest to the community, and as a place for the whole community to participate. It is, first and foremost, a respectful meeting and discussion area for those wishing to discuss the life of a Software developer.
The #1 rule is: Be respectful of others, of the site, and of the community as a whole.
2. Technical discussions are welcome, but if you need specific programming question answered please use Quick Answers[^], or to discussion your programming problem in depth use the programming forums[^]. We encourage technical discussion, but this is a general discussion forum, not a programming Q&A forum. Posts will be moved or deleted if they fit better elsewhere.
4. No politics (including enviro-politics[^]), no sex, no religion. This is a community for software development. There are plenty of other sites that are far more appropriate for these discussions. Or if you must, use the Back Room[^] - but enter at your own risk.
5. Nothing Not Safe For Work, nothing you would not want your wife/husband, your girlfriend/boyfriend, your mother or your kid sister seeing on your screen. For those discussions where you wish to be a little more frank, use the Soapbox[^]
6. Any personal attacks, any spam, any advertising, any trolling, or any abuse of the rules will result in your account being removed.
7. Not everyone's first language is English. Be understanding.
Please respect the community and respect each other. We are of many cultures so remember that. Don't assume others understand you are joking, don't belittle anyone for taking offense or being thin skinned.
We are a community for software developers. Leave the egos at the door.
wow, just wow, might move this to rant, But seriously. New changes are in DEV and Training Areas. Boss wants it moved to prod right now. Ok, It has been thru QA on both environments weeks ago. It is good to go. All Documentation is in order everything is ready. Looking in TFS for changes from Developer 1 (D1) D1 has not checked in their code? what the elephant?
Discussion with D1. Oh I always do that. I never check in until after it is in production. That way I can roll back easier. I don't have to even think about things? huh? What? head shake.
So you are meaning to tell me you haven't for years checked in your code and because you were 'out' yesterday afternoon they boss gets to be told that no one else can do this because we don't know where you put the code? Have a nice conversation with the boss about that one.
I almost feel sorry for D1.
To err is human to really mess up you need a computer
If you want to alert someone specifically, you can use an "atsign" code: Go to the member page, and in the top left is the code you need. For PeeJayAdams, it's @User-10476399
Enter that in your message, and he is sent an email, like you are for this: @johnwong6
Sent from my Amstrad PC 1640
Bad command or file name. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaaay...
AntiTwitter: @DalekDave is now a follower!
We've come a long way. I was thinking, wow, it would have been amazing to work on a project like that. Then I realized the drudgery of hand soldering and wiring all those tubes. I guess no matter how technology advances, the drudgery never goes away, it only changes form.